Financing in 76048>Question Details

Jan, Home Buyer in Granbury, TX

Are there lenders that will give me a loan if I have a disputable item on my credit report?

Asked by Jan, Granbury, TX Thu Sep 10, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 76048

Answers

5
Absolutely. Many options are available.
Yes, if the loan amount is $271,050 or less. This is within the borrowing range of FHA. We have to document why the item is disputable and why it should not be on there. FHA underwriting guidelines are much more lenient. Call if I can answer any further questions.
Larry Tew, LO
Houston, TX
281-408-0031
Sure thing. Even if items are not removed from your credit, having a letter of explanation and supporting documents will typically satisfy an underwriter. While it may affect your credit score and in the process, your interest rate, it shouldn't be cause for a denial. However, we don't have a minimum credit score requirement to qualify an FHA loan and can do a conventional loan down to 580.
If you need any assistance, please let me know.
Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com
If the rest of the credit is not bad and its not a foreclosure or a bk that you are disputing you should be able to find a lender that would do it. If its dispute over something major like a bk, foreclosure, tax lien you will have to wait until its settled
FHA is pretty lenient with a good explanation. Find a broker with several lenders to go to so that they can find a liberal bank to help you. Usually, if it's not attached to title, it shouldn't be a problem.