Financing in Florida>Question Details

Debra Bruni, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

Are there any stable Banks offering a mortgage with only 5% down, No Mortgage Insurance, 30 yr fixed and with No bank fees ?

Asked by Debra Bruni, Atlanta, GA Sun Mar 21, 2010

Answers

5
An alternative way is assist seller to create owner financed notes and cash the note out at closing to a private funding source. 5% from buyer, seller hold 15% 2nd. This way the buyer could avoid the mortgage insurance and origination fees.
Web Reference: http://www.imminest.com
Homepath is a great option for this 5% w/ no PMI but is only available for Fannie Mae bank owned homes. Check out Homepath.com for more info.

Some agents and Loan officers will tell you the rate is higher. It often is, BUT is offset by the lack of mortgage insurance and the lack of the UFMIP fee required on FHA loans. Usually the payment is about the same.

As far as bank fees go, that would be lender specific. Give me a call or shoot me an email and I can chat w/ you about this product as I do several of these a month.
Notice to first time home Buyers and Realtors serving the following states: Florida, Alabama, Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado. BBVA-Compass has a new program available in these states.
Here are the highlights of this unmatched program that we've had succss with closing deals.
1. NO Mortgage Insurance
2. 5% down (declining market is NOT applicable !!)
3. 30 year fixed rate (5.500% estimated)
4. NO payment until the 6th month after closing. (Bank is taking the hit, and I confirmed this with a closing)
5. NO origination fee, and NO junk fees at all !!!
6. single family home or townhome eligible
7. 680 credit score
** FHA or FNMA can not touch this program. It is truely remarkable, and is certainly a way this bank (BBVA-Compass) has demonstrated giving back to the communities it serves instead of always taking.

The Sr. Mortgage Banker that my staff in these area's is using is Tom R. Callahan and you may reach him at (904) 591-6722 or email tom.callahan@bbvacompass.com

Take full advantage of this program and save your clients a lot of money on not having the new FHA 2.25 MIP + .50 monthly to pay which is totally ridiculous!!

Good luck selling and shopping for the right home. DB
Debra
Check out Home Path usually offered under Fanny Mae bank repos. No mortage insurance, also there is no appraisal fee. However interest is a bit higher. Maybe USDA also but that is area driven for rural areas.
Ram, the catch here is that she said no mortgage insurance. Debra, this will depend on whether the home is in a declining market. You have asked about financing in Florida, which I am sure is a declining market. In Florida, there is also a variation between what banks offer on condos vs. single family homes.