Financing in 98006>Question Details

Dtv, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

Are 10% Jumbo Conventional Loans in Seattle possible? I've heard 15% down is the minimum for a Conventional jumbo... is that true?

Asked by Dtv, Seattle, WA Mon Sep 21, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 98006

Answers

7
if your loan amount if $567,500 or less 10% on a conventional basis is allowed.
We can go to 90% on purchases as well - I'm doing one right now.
Dtv,

Let us know what loan amount you're shooting for. This would be a great starting point for helping you.
Renee, I thought US Bank only goes to 90% on refinances. 15% is what I was told the minimum was for purchases unless they've recently changed the guidelines. If it is 10%, let's get in contact. I may have some clients for you.

You can combine a $567,500 first mortgage and a second mortgage up to 90% if you can find a lender who will do the second mortgage. Key Bank will do the 2nd mortgage but it's expensive. Then you can shop any lender for the first mortgage. I would have to check on the maximum amount you can fund on the 2nd mortgage.

The last I checked the 2nd mortgage was 9% with a 2% fee, but I would have to double check.
US Bank Home Mortgage does have jumbo loans with 10% required down, even over the conforming jumbe limits.
Mid $500's... some lenders have said 10% down is not possible FHA is the only route, other lenders have said 10% down is possible with the obvious PMI...
10% down is possible depending on the loan size. Some lenders require 20% down. What is the purchase price?