Financing in Memphis>Question Details

Jennifer Mor…, Home Buyer in Cordova, TN

Any special financing programs for recently divorced mom's?

Asked by Jennifer Morrow, Cordova, TN Fri Jun 14, 2013

I am still on the ex's mobile home mortgage and he's not able to refinance that loan. I am paying $950 in rent per month and would much rather put that towards a home loan.

Help the community by answering this question:


I'm happy to say there are even some down payment assistance programs that you might qualify for in the Memphis & Shelby county area.

100% USDA financing is available for qualifying rural properties.

You can check the availability for other down payment assistance programs at

Most down payment assistance programs have income restrictions - contact me and I will get your started.

One provides $15,000 for down payment & closing cost assistance - contact me and I will help you get started.

You can also call my friend Vivian Smithey at Bank of Bartlett [901-382-5999] she is very knowledgeable.

I also have contact for a loan for your mobile financing for a new buyer.

We are always happy to help buyers with their real estate needs.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
Sorry Jennifer,
I am not aware of any special programs for recently divorced Mom's. However the most important point is that you are still on the Mortgage with your Ex. Unless he refinaces the Mobile home without you; you are still on the hook to pay that mortgage and it will count against you when you apply for a new mortgage. Suggest you contact a local lender and ask for an assesment of your mortgage capability.
If you would like a recommendation give me a call
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer