Financing in Denver County>Question Details

Darrick Gill…, Real Estate Pro in Englewood, CO

Any Suggestions with the current Govt problems.... For an alternative to FHA loans? I have heard of a 3% down conventional program

Asked by Darrick Gilliard, Englewood, CO Tue Oct 8, 2013

Good answers below. there are some conventional programs available now with 3% down and no MI. The market is fluid and these programs change from time to time and have certain restrictions and limitations. Contact my in-house lender Joe Massey - 303-809-7769 for more details. There are also some specific and unique programs offered by some of the local lenders who are not subject to all of the federal guidelines of the big banks. Try Gerard Louison with Key Bank. He has some interesting programs to consider. A third option is Carl Hammond - 303-798-2697. with The Mortgage Network. He also has some unique programs that we have discussed recently. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need my help on the real estate side. We are here to assist you with all of your Denver area real estate needs.

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
ONLY USDA loans are being impacted by the shutdown!
What part of Denver are the buyers looking in and what is their total income? CHFA has household income restrictions so would need to make sure they qualify.

Send me a message at and I would be happy to assist.

Nic Netherton
Yes there is a conventional loan program that offers only 3% down but they are getting ready to get rid of that program in November and go back to just 5% down for conventional loans so you would have to move fast if you wanted to take advantage of it. There is also a 3% down no MI/PMI program out there that would be a great alternative as well.

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions/concerns please feel free to reach out to me.

Thank You!
CHFA Advantage is a nice alternative which requires 3% down and no monthly MI.