Financing in New York>Question Details

Oren, Home Buyer in New York, NY

American citizen, new to the country, have SSN but no credit score. 1M$ equity. Can I get a loan for real estate investment/ development?

Asked by Oren, New York, NY Thu Apr 24, 2014

Im an american citizen that never lived in the us until now.I have SSN and no credit score. Can I get financing for a real estate investment?

Answers

5
Most likely yes! Check with a reputable mortgage broker or banker.
I can help you in this situation. Please get in touch with me to discuss the details.

Sanjeev Ahuja, NMLS #148731
Mortgage Broker
Home Funding LLC
110 Jericho Turnpike Ste 214
Floral Park, NY 11001
Direct Phone 917-517-2552
NYS Registered Mortgage Broker, Dept of Financial Services, Loans arranged through third parties (NMLS # 885573)
Hi Oren,

My best friend is a mortgage broker. If you'd like I could connect you with him.
Please feel free to call me at 917-275-4886 or email at gbuligovic@citihabitats.com
Although you are a citizen, you may want to consider a Foreign National loan because you are so new to the country. Foreign National loans are usually meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States although this mortgage can work for you as well. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 35% down depending on the documents the borrower has available (such as ITIN, VISA, etc.). It can also be more if the borrower is seeking a high loan amount. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi Oren,

Having no U.S. credit isn't a problem as long as you have foreign credit. I would be happy to refer different mortgage lenders if you're interested. Please let me know, and I'll send you a personal message!