Katie Knoche, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco County,...

Which city has a better night life: LA or SF?

Asked by Katie Knoche, San Francisco County, CA Tue Nov 3, 2009

Answers

4
From far.... LA !!! There are many more choices in LA. SF is ok, but I prefer LA.
As unhelpful as this will probably be due to my only glancing understanding of the LA nightlife, I have to say I enjoy plenty of the fun things you can do in San Francisco. From clubs to karaoke bars to museum exhibits being open after hours, I've never gone wanting for something fun to do.

All the same, LA not only has a higher expectation of the club scene and nightlife, but probably also deals with more of that sort of tourism and therefore makes it readily available. I personally have always enjoyed the Santa Monica area for a tame but always interesting nightlife.

It probably depends on what you're looking for, but I would hazard a guess and say LA has anything you want, unless you're really looking for a unique experience when you go out, in which case SF will always keep you guessing.
Things close at 2am in SF:(
It depends on what type of night life you're looking for. LA has more of a club scene, but S.F. has more of an underground artistic culture. Though, in reality both have equally active night scenes.

There are plenty of clubs in S.F. and plenty of clubs in LA. They're both culture rich cities.

What are some of the other considerations that you're tossing around?

Let me know, if I can assist. Best,
Eric