Trulia Roger, Home Buyer in Alameda, CA

What's the best rock/jazz club in town?

Asked by Trulia Roger, Alameda, CA Fri May 4, 2007

I hear the rock and jazz scene in LA is pretty hot. Where's a good place to catch some shows?

Ron Deutsch’s answer
For a unique, real music lover's setting where you can hear national headliners, check out the jazz bakery in Culver City. Although I miss the coffee cake they used to serve in the back of the hall during the breaks, this is still the place to go. Cover charges are affordable (it's a non-profit) and unlike most jazz venues this is not a bar or restaurant (although there is a high-end concession just outside the hall). This is an intimate concert hall for the sole purpose of listening to music. Of course there are others....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2007
Roger - for jazz
My votes are for the Baked Potato on Cahuenga (Studio City), Jax in Glendale Below the 134 on Brand) - it's packed
Catalina Bar & Grill on Sunset
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Thanks Keith. The Baked Potato is indeed an awesome club (be sure to catch Ohm: when they play there), but I hadn't heard of the other two. Will definitely check them out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2007
I love visiting the Roxy in Hollywood. They have some great smaller bands playing above the venue at "On The Rox" as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2007