Trulia Seatt…, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA

What is Ballard's general reputation?

Asked by Trulia Seattle, Seattle, WA Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

8
Mack McCoy’s answer
Cafe Besalu has the best pastry I've ever had, and I have hit the Parisian patisseries hard in my visits!

Ballard is a Urban Village success story - great restaurants, dive restaurants, shopping, a movie theater . . .
Historically, Ballard was thought of as a quiet neighborhood of mostly Scandinavian residents. Local TV show, "Almost Live" endlessly poked fun at Ballard's residents and character. Maybe you've heard this joke about Ballard: "Older folks live in Magnolia, and their parents live in Ballard". Today, Ballard is hip, trendy, walkable, and one of the most popular of Seattle's neighborhoods. Ballard has been re-invented in the last decade and its still evolving. The close proximity to the Hiram M. Chittenden locks and Golden Gardens Park makes Ballard a popular tourist destination. It's also a destination for shopping and restaurants. And who could forget the annual Garlic Festival? These are just a few of the reasons to recommend Ballard.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
I've lived in Ballard since 1976. It was formerly a "sleepy Scandinavian" suburb, which has transformed itself into "destination" neighbor with great public transportation, schools, restaurants and more. Housing is varied with lots of single family neighborhoods, plus newer condo complexes.
Call me for more "local" information--I live here!!!
Best Wishes,
Roger Jensen 206-354-5478
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
Hi there,

I live in Ballard and it is definitely the hottest market within Seattle. There has been tons of revitalization and construction going over the last few years. Spectacular natural setting, eclectic and youthful ambiance, charming local stores and now, foodie’s paradise! Are you looking to relocate to Ballard? I would love to hear more about what you are looking for and how I can be of help. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Christy Kim
Your Favorite Broker
Investment Properties Specialist/ABR/Certified Short Sale Negotiator
206.235.3427 (Cell) l 206.299.0824 (Fax) I christy@christykimrealestate.com
http://www.yourseattleproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
high quality restaurants, shops and sunday market, good walking as well as a beach out by the locks which is not far away...although i am not a resident there, it is a fun place to visit...
When people ask about Ballard, I first think about COFFEE. People think about Coffee when speaking about Seattle. There are a few big neighborhoods with nice coffee shops in Seattle, and Ballard is one of them. As a coffee fan, there are a few coffee shops I love:

Café Besalu -- their pastry is one of the best in Seattle. I love their Quiche
Caffè Fiorè -- near the Golden Garden. In early weekend morning, I go there to play with dog owners are they are getting coffee before heading to Golden Garden.
Fremont Coffee Company -- Their Latte is very special.

Besides Coffee, Ballard is a very nice walkable neighborhood. It is by the Puget Sound and has a few commercial streets to walk on. The Ballard Lock and Garden (Hiram M. Chittenden Locks and Carl S. English Jr. Botanical Garden) is also in the neighborhood. The public transportation is convenient and the main highway, Highway 99, connects directly to downtown Seattle.

To view the Walk Score and more features about Ballard, go to http://www.walkscore.com/WA/Seattle/Ballard

To search homes in Ballard and save your searches, click the following link
That's a very vague question and the answers depend on what you're specifically referring to, but I've always found Ballard to be a great mix of old vs. new. Historic vs contemporary. I recognize that is a general answer, but feel free to reach out and let me know what you're specifically interested in.
Ballard has an absolutely great reputation. It's walkable. There are wonderful cafes, parks, and restaurants. There's a fantastic library, access to the water, and highly ranked and sought-after school districts.

I'd love to help you relocate there!

Robin

http://www.robinsheridanhomes.com