Laurie Manny,  in Long Beach, CA

What are the best restaurants in the Denver area?

Asked by Laurie Manny, Long Beach, CA Tue May 15, 2007

Denver has an abundance of good restaurants. I like Avenue Grill, Tomayo, Cherry Creek Grill to name a few.
Web Reference:
We answer this one because we love the question! Fruition, ChoLon Bistro, Linger and Root Down are not to be missed. Had the best best best burger @ Highland Tap & Burger, love the Pizza at Marcos. Yelp it!
Reservations are recommended for the Ninth Door, an excellent restaurant and bar on Blake (Lodo). If Spanish tapas are your thing, check it out. 303.292.2229

Yuppies and hipsters like Steuben's on 17th (Capitol Hill) for it's terrific American cuisine. (303) 830-1001
I am a foodie and love to get out and try all the new restaurants as they open. Fruition is definitely near the top of my list. Some hidden gems: Deluxe on South Broadway, Root Down & Squeaky Bean in the up & coming Lo-Hi neighborhood, Table 6 off 6th Ave in Cap Hill is an oldie but goodie. Cuba Cuba & Cafe Brazil are yummy South American establishments. Best meal I've ever had in Colorado was in Boulder, Frasca is amazing. Compares to the D.C. fare I dined on when living there. Rioja mentioned below is good as is Tag next door on Larimer. Steubens on 17th is a great little comfort food establishment. If you like Indian food, the best I've found is India's Pearl on S. Pearl next to Sushi Den.

Web Reference:
I know this is an ancient question, but I agree with Jay Feaster - Fruition is AWESOME!!
I like to go to my best friend who knows everything, his name is Mr. Google :) Has all the info you need, look him up.
Gotta say, hands down Fruition by Cherry Creek. Seasonal menu, top rated chef, lots of character, 15 tables, great staff. Seriously, you can't go wrong. It always makes Denver's top rated restaurants.
Almost anywhere you stop on Larimer Square, you will find a good to great eatery! I love Rioja, Panzano's, Barolo Grill, The Cherry Tomato...just to name a few! A couple of good sources for recommendations would be 5280 Magazine and Westword, in their "Best of Denver" issues. I've included a link to Westword's list!
I like Trio and the Chophouse. Trio has an incredible wine selection and cool jazz atmosphere, often with live music. Chophouse is a great place to meet and be seen, and a fun, energetic crowd of people in their 20's, 30's, and 40's.
Some favorite restaurants are cucina calore in cherry creek, Cherry Creek bar and grill in Cherry Creek, La Samba room in downtown denver