Dennis Crawf…,  in Walnut Creek, CA

What are the best restaurants in Pleasant Hill, CA?

Asked by Dennis Crawford, Walnut Creek, CA Mon Oct 27, 2008

Answers

9
Bryce Schumacher’s answer
Pleasant Hill has a great variety of local establishments that cater to all appetites. My favorite for brunch is Jack's in downtown Pleasant Hill. Great atmosphere, food, outdoor patio and service is fantastic. If you like a great teppan meal try Kobe... Great presentation, sushi and food. The best deal in town for breakfast is Sunshine Cafe. You can get coffee, breakfast for two for under $20... A small number of tabels but the locals all know about it. The BEST Chinese food is Ming's. I have been going there for 5 years and can not get enough of the honey walnut shrimp...
Busy, but much easier to park than Walnut Creek. I like Wence's Restaurant on Oak Park near Round Table.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 4, 2013
And for pizza Try Mello's Pizza on Contra Costa Blvd.
When I was running my business in Pleasant Hill, I used and still go for Chinese food at 3 brothers from China, located by the post office.
Surprisingly enough, Pleasant Hill is filled with fantastic restaurants for those of any taste. If you are looking for a nice Italian place, I recommend Zio Fraedo's on Gregory Lane. Been there for years, I frequent often. Less formal Italian places that are more family oriented with great pizza I recommend Devino's on the corner of Morello and Taylor, or Melo's Pizza on Contra Costa Blvd.

For those looking for sushi, the place best I have ever been to out of ANY city is Matsu Sushi on Contra Costa Blvd. Good prices, great food.

Looking more for a more broad menu with plenty of TVs playing sports? I recommend Jack's in Downtown Pleasant Hill. Took over the previous location of Left Bank that everyone else seems to be talking about. I personally like Jack's better, but hard to compare.

I think one of the best kept secrets of Pleasant Hill is Escape from Fisherman's Wharf also located on Contra Costa Blvd. Family owned for as long as I can remember, they offer anything that you would want from Fisherman's Wharf in SF without the commute! Their sandwiches and salads are some of the best I've had. There is nothing bad on the menu. Cash only though!
I agree with Left Bank. I didn't know of plans to move to WC, which already has an incredible number of restaurants, many of which are quite good. One of my favorites is Scott's
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 1, 2008
If you want Chinese food, I recommend Si Chuan restaurant off of Contra Costa and Woodworth. Historically, that location hasn't been pleasant to owner/operator, but if you like spicy szechwan style chinese, this is the place.

I also recommend Daimo Sushi (in the Country Square Plaza) for Sushi. Good portions, reasonable price, great service.

Few others I like are located in Concord, but a quick ride from Pleasant Hill.
Personally, I like the Left Bank but I believe they are moving to Walnut Creek.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com