Kim Glass, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Restaurants in San Jose/South Bay

Asked by Kim Glass, San Francisco, CA Fri Jun 29, 2012

Can you locals give me any recommendations for some great restaurants in the South Bay? I am open to anything, just want to try something new! :)

Answers

5
Oh oh...I lied...two more

White Shallot in Santa Clara on Stevens Creek near Winchester. This is an extremely small restaurant located in a strip mall behind Bev Mo. In fact, if you're not looking for it, you'll pass it right by. It's a combination of American food with a French flare and Vietnamese food--a natural combination considering that Vietnam was once a French colony. Everything here is wonderful--prices are moderate, but the place is small, so be ready for a tiny location.

Also another small restaurant located in Sunnyvale near downtown, try Il Postale on Washington This is a really small venue, but the place is always packed because the food is THAT good. The food here is a combination of Italian and American in a bistro style setting with not quite tet a tet table seating, but it's pretty close. Their specialties for the day are always excellent. Both the fish meals and the meats are done to perfection.

So give these a try too... See I'm not all about eating in grocery stores and fast food places. I do ocassionally sit down in very tiny restaurants for a meal. LOL!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 29, 2012
So many....
If you want vegetarian I recommend The Vegetarian House on East Santa Clara. Very Casual but you get organic all vegan.
For Fish, give the Fish Market a Try. They have a few chains outside of the area and I recommend their Oyster Bar.
In Campbell Hawgs for Fish as well.
Tomato Thyme in Willow Glen on Hamilton.
Pho Wagon on Meridian.
Many on Santana Row, the Yardhouse, Pizza Antica
Willow Glen or Los Gatos Opa for Greek Food

That should get you going.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 29, 2012
Okay, here's my two cents....and keep in mind, because I am a Realtor, we do a LOT of eating on the fly because we're travelling between appointments and houses.

For fish in Santa Clara, try Buy th' Bucket Bar and Grill on Stevens Creek. Oh so yummy! I've had their salmon done every which way possible, and it's great. Love the clam chowder and the great cioppino--good sea food.

For ribs and barbeque in Santa Clara, I just LOVE Andy's Barbeque on El Camino Real, so delicious. The meat is so tender, it falls off the bone. For a kick, try the hot sauce!

For fast Japanese food that's great and on the run, try Mitsuwa Market on Saratoga Avenue. It's actually a grocery store, but if you hang an immediate left as you enter the store, you'll hit their version of a food court with two different restaurants that serve fast and yummy noodles. Go into the store, and there is sushi made daily and fresh for a reasonable fee.

If you're in Mountain View, Nijiya on El Camino Real near 85 has the same excellent sushi available for quick and fast meals on the run. Even "bento-box" styled lunches and dinners for the busy professional.

If you're in Cupertino, and would like to try some great Pho (pronounced "fu" and not "fo"), then try Pho-licious on the 21000 block of Stevens Creek. Great noodles and wonderful spring rolls.

And here's one more for you, but it's strictly take out here. The Ranch 99 Market on the corner of Wolfe Road and Homestead in Cupertino is a little gem filled with delicious Chinese food that you can take and eat. Try their steamed pork dumplings and dim sum--delicious and reasonably priced too! When you enter the store, go to the left and you'll hit their restaurant food court. Everything is good!

Have fun exploring the south bay and let US know if you find any little gems to pass along to hungry real estate professionals!
If you like Mediterranean food try Negin Restaurant in Campbell.
My suggestion is Koobideh with yogurt drink.
Here is their address:
801 West Hamilton Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 866-6400
Teri Velios gave you some great recommendations.

Personally I like Maggiano's at Santana Row.