Cherin Cox, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX

Is anyone attending NAR in Las Vegas? I'm so excited...

Asked by Cherin Cox, Houston, TX Sun Sep 9, 2007

Just curious what the REALTORS thoughts are on having our National meeting in Las Vegas. Nawlins was great last year. I'm really looking forward to attending my 2nd national conference. Any Vegas agents have show suggestions - please let me know.

Answers

10
Wendi Williams’ answer
Cherin Cox,

Been there, done it...nothing that really perked my interest. I also agree that these forums should contain more up to date and realistic information. Besides, I am from New Orleans and live in Las Vegas...I am pretty difficult to please.

PS...absolutely love your name!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
At least for one day, the expo is interesting. I would like to know if they will be addressing curent market conditions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Planning on being there to see Richard Gaylord installed as our President. It should be a great time for all.
Web Reference: http://pamwinterbauer.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
I missed it. I think it's a terrible idea to host a meeting in Las Vegas, if the goal is for people to learn something new. If the meeting is just for people to network, then it's great. I have been to Las Vegas. Great place to visit and have fun, but not to learn anything new.
Hey Cherin- I will surely be there in Las Vegas, my hometown! I like Spamalot at the Wynn, Mystere at the TI, O at Bellagio the best! Looking forward to meeting you! Check out my new blog below!
Cherbin,
I am a native Las Vegan and will most certainly be there! I am looking forward to the classes and the social events and am very proud that it is in my hometown! I would advise you to see the Cirque du Solei shows like Mystere at TI, O at Bellagio, Zumanity at the NY NY and KA at the MGM! All of these are spectacular and well worth the money! If you need any info on accomodiations or outside activities please do not hesitate to contact me directly!
Cherin,
Vegas is a brief 1 hour flight from our area so I'll be there. My best man at my wedding has been an executive chef on the strip for over 25 years so I'll be looking him up. Penn and Teller is a hoot! Also check out the Blue Men and the Circus Solai shows. They are all breathtaking. But DON'T stay at the Excalibur!! I'd stay away from any THEME hotel. Go with the classy ones, avoid downtown. Some good deals can be found off the strip but my Market Leader got a horrid room last year and she felt she should have been charging by the hour to stay there!! I go to hear speakers NOT associate with Real Estate Specifically! See some of the more general sessions as they can be very enlightening.
New Orleans was great last year. I have already been to Vegas this year for Real Estate, so I cannot go this time. I wish I was, it would be great to meet with the Trulians.
I think Vegas is a great idea! (Of course I grew up there and still have family there . :) ). I'll be going!
Deb
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Thanks Pam for answering I was starting to feel like my question wasn't fun enough... kidding of course.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007