Doc T., Home Buyer in Lake Nona, Orlando, FL

Interested in purchasing in Lk Nona area. What does the area offer as far as dining,dancing and live entertainment? Being transferred early 2011.

Asked by Doc T., Lake Nona, Orlando, FL Thu Nov 11, 2010

Answers

13
Andy Sellers’ answer
Hello, my name is Andy Sellers. I specialize in Lake Nona. Right now, they are still in the development phase, however we do have some good dining. No clubs, however, a few of the local places do have live entertainment and dancing on certain days during the week. The plans for Lake Nona are extensive. Go to http://www.learnlakenona.com. Currently, we have Carieras (italian), outback, tiajuana flats, Nona Taproom (bar, with food, they also have poker on Wed nights.) And Nona Wineroom. We are about a 5 minute drive from everything else currently. It is great here, and I can help you purchase or rent in the area. Feel free to call me. Andy Sellers 4074963916. I can help with many surrounding areas, but Lake Nona is my home and my focus. Talk to you soon.
@Andy, I don't think this is a competition at all. We all strive to give the best answers that we can. We are Realtors full of information and we like to share it and assist those looking for answers.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
Hi Doc,

As I look over the previous answers I see that only one has been totally up front about your question. To be sure, anything that is a comfortable commute to the new medical city at Lake Nona has the potential to be a great investment. The plans are incredible and there is little doubt that the Tavistock Group will pull them off. But the key word is PLANS. The immediate area has little to offer in terms of dining, dancing, and live entertainment. The dining part will doubtless change in 2012 when the two hospitals come online. In terms of dancing and live entertainment, it's unlikely to ever be very much. Lake Nona is being developed as a family oriented community, not an entertainment district.

If you want to live in an area with a swinging night life now, then you want to be much closer to downtown Orlando or to the tourist areas and then commute to work in Lake Nona. You commute is unlikely to be more than a half hour with 45 minutes being tops.

If you want to live close to work in a suburban atmosphere and commute to the night life, then the immediate area around Lake Nona is a great choice. Your trip to the entertainment areas will be the reverse 30 to 45 minutes.

It all depends on what is most important to you.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
I'm not sure why everyone needs to out do eachother. Doc wanted some information, and it is some contest of who's answer is better. There is a lot of good information here Doc, and I hope it helps.
Having worked in the area, you cannot go wrong in Lk Nona. The whole Orlando area is vibrant and alive, and the market is getting better. I notice no one has mentioned the importance of beginning now to arrange your financing and getting pre-approved so you know your comfortable price range and projected monthly payment. HSOA offers a complete, no cost, no obligation analysis for future mortgage. With over a 75 year track record, we have many options other lenders may not be able to offer!

Best Wishes!
Jim Ryan, Home Savings of America, 703 591 5626 ext 419
Hi Doc, yes, Lake Nona is one of the best areas to purchase in Orlando area. As you may well know with all the new medical facilities and schools soon to be located there this will bring many people to the area. With the population growing you can certainly count on more great restaurants that will be available soon. There are many of all types just a short distance. If you are a golfer as I, Lake Nona has one of the finest Country Clubs in Florida. The club house there has many wonderful events that will keep your toes tapping and your wine glass full.
Should you need additional information feel free to contact me or visit my web site, I have additional information posted on it.

Pam Bava, Realtor
Licensed in Florida & Michigan
http://www.realteellc.com
407-982-5555
Hi Doc,

You could not have chosen a better area! Lake Nona is amazing with all there is to do and see at your fingertips! Everyone has given such great ideas it is hard to add on to! I love the walk/run paths that cycle through Lake Nona, so much wildlife to see. The area is on the rise since the establishment of the medical park. Downtown Orlando is a short ride, museums, shopping and the airport is right around the corner, no kidding like 5 minutes, no worries on the planes they do not do flyby's! I love the authentic Italian restaurant Cariera's that plays live music on fri/sat nights! Golfing of course is huge all over Orlando, and the fishing in the local lakes. Stay away from the gators, they are not finger friendly! Haha! What ever you need just call, I am happy to send you info on the area along with some comps on homes, it all depends on what you are looking for! Check out http://www.LearnLakeNona.com it will no doubt give you some great insight into what we call Nonaology!

So many great Realtor's in the area, I'm sure you will have no problem finding one! Have an amazing day and let me know how I can help, I'm here to make your life easier!

Rebecca
Director of First Impressions
407-491-5578
Rebeccawalters@kw.com
Hey Doc,

Early welcome to the Orlando area of Lake Nona or as the locals call it Nona.

Nona will soon be one of the top spots in Orlando as it relates to nightlife, restaurants, shopping, parks and so much more, just needed to get the medical infrastructure in place to bring the 30,000 plus jobs and thats in high gear.

For now the good news is shopping is close with Mall of Millenia ( http://www.mallatmillenia.com/ ) within a 20 minute drive giving you access to shopping, outlet stores (outside the mall) and fine dining, also you have Florida Mall within 20 minutes with shopping and dining.

You do have a few establishments that are popping up like Wine House Lake Nona, (http://www.winehousenona.com/directions.html).

I spend time in the Nona area weekly with out of town buyers and currently i'm looking for a small piece of commercial property, I've seen the changes in the area first hand and can honestly say with my knowledge of the area amenities are on the way.

Hope this helps,

Dave Lowe, Real Estate Broker
GRI, ePRO, Realtor

Community and Family Values
Web Reference: http://OrlandoHomeStore.com
It's a great time to live in Central Florida! And being transferred here...is even better!! There is so much to do in the up and coming Lake Nona area!!! The below Realtors have all given great answers! And then there's what's coming!!! Medical City will launch loads of things to do, see, and experience!
If you need a realtor...I can help!

Carol Bauza
Keller Williams
carol@carolshome.com
Congratulations on your transfer! Lake Nona is a beautiful place to live and is the fastest growing area of Orlando right now. There is great shopping within just 15 minutes of Lake Nona! Let me know if you would like me to send you some homes in the area so you can get a feel for the prices in Lake Nona for the type of home you're looking for. I'm a Buyer Representative & Relocation Specialist here for the past 8 years so feel free to contact me with further questions or for an information package. My website is http://www.YourHomeInOrlando.com, my phone is 407-625-3489 or Shelley@YourHomeInOrlando.com. We hope to see you here in Florida very soon! Have a great day! Shelley Davis, Realtor
Doc, the two previous answers cover the now, but by early 2011 their are plans for two other restaurants that will serve alcohol. Outback is another not mentioned with a nice atmosphere, along with the afore mentioned Carieras "Italian". I live 3 minutes from both and they are centrally located so easy stops after I play golf at the local courses Eagle Creek and Northshore. Nona Tap Room is very crowded because it is new and the Winehouse is not since the Tap Room opened. Tijuana Flats is more of a college crowd and that pretty much covers all the alcohol serving entertainment and food. I hope this helps feel free to call or email me at 407-803-2526 or keithsellsfla@gmail.com when you arrive for a tour of the area.
Good morning Doc,

You are obviously being transferred to the Medical City, which is still in the process of construction. EVentually, it is going to be great. The other thing is that Lake Nona is very close to the University of Central Florida main campus, so although not much is there right now, there will be in the future, even when you move down things may well have changed and more entertainment available.
raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.co,m
Hi Doc;
Depending which neighborhood you move to you might find some internal activities within the community and Country Club. However, the area is still quite new and there is not much entertainment to choose from.
However, since highway system is quite well connected there, it only takes you 15 minutes to get Down Town Orlando and Winter Park for all the Dining and Dancing you could imagine.