Linda Davis, Real Estate Pro in Waterford, CT

I know Cleveland is a football town! Does the baseball team draw as many fans?

Asked by Linda Davis, Waterford, CT Mon May 28, 2007

Answers

11
Ellen Kooser~ Team Kooz’s answer
Yes!! As A Cleveland Girl---We Love The Browns And The Indians! We Love them Both Equally. That said, I am now a Realtor in Dayton, Ohio---and I have to sit through an occassional Bengals and Reds game. There is nothing like a Cleveland sports fan.
Web Reference: http://www.teamkooz.com
Avid fans Linda! Our home opener was bitterly cold with so much snow they finally called the game....hours and hours later...but the fans were still there! I do think the Tribe's won/loss record affects attendance though, just like everywhere else. I'm not sure anyone is as rabid as the Dawg Pound for the Browns though lol
Thanks Carole. I know my old hometown of Pittsburgh is a football city. They love their Steelers but the Pirates struggle for attendence.
Yes Leslie; in fact when I was growing up and a rabid Indians fan (before they traded Kenny Lofton the first time but I digress lol), I went every Saturday. The old stadium was so big, and there were less than 10k people there normally. We had the run of the place. We paid 50 cents for tickets and then wound up after third inning sitting behind home plate! Those days are gone lol
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2007
When I lived in Akron I know that part of the state was crazy about the Cleveland Indians!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2007
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I remember when The Tribe won only 60 or so games per season - people still went to cheer them on. Cleveland's a great place with great people!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2007
Indians rank 24th out of 30 teams in baseball attendance. The Browns football team almost always sells out
They both draw well; but, here is a fan's different opinion:
The Tribe is number one again and they are drawing fans like crazy! GO TRIBE! We may actually be a sports town again, depending on the Browns season (fingers crossed)... DavidC
Hi Toby! I miss those days. I remember as late as the 80s, my ex husband and I could fly into town from our home in Maryland, get tickets that day or the next day for same day games. Do you think they went with the laws of supply or demand? Smaller stadium looks more festive with more people there - seemingly! lol. Now of course they are having a good year so not many empty seats
Carole - your experience at old Muni is the same as most of the other old stadiums with tons of seats. I went to Detroit the year before it became "hip" to go to Tiger Stadium and we parked only two rows from the field -- and we were there 1/2 hour before game time. I do miss the old stadiums though. Jacobs Field is a great place to take in a game and I think to compare baseball and football attendance is hard to do. With only 8 NFL Sundays it is more like a carnival, while baseball with 81 games over the course of the summer is more like a yard sale -- You miss today's there will always be one the next day.