Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

How would you describe the social scene in Santa Monica?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

7
The social scene in Los Angeles is as varied as the population. Whatever you're looking for, you're going to find. Salsa dancing is huge here at places like the Mayan downtown as is the classic Hollywood scene up on Sunset Blvd at clubs like Hyde and the Skybar. It's Hollywood so you're going to find lots of beautiful people out looking to be seen. There is a great artist culture here, so there are always fabulous concerts at large venues such as the Staples Center and the Hollywood Bowl, and also smaller arenas such as the Paladium, The Whiskey and the Wiltern Theater. All the biggest acts come through Los Angeles and one thing is for sure: you will never be bored here! If you're more low-key, there are always 1000 incredible restaurants to try. It's hard to pick a favorite and return to it as there are so many new ones to explore! Every kind of food is perfected in one of them and although it's a glamourous city, people tend to wear jeans almost everywhere. Southern California is known for its laid back yet elegant style--no tuxedos or cocktail dresses necessary!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2007
Santa Monica is a great place to live. It has some of the best shopping in the world, restaurants, some of the best night clubs in Southern California, the 3rd Street Promenade has now just expanded and ends with a huge mall called the Santa Monica Place, tons of activities for the whole family, great weather, and top rated schools. I would recommend checking out the local demographics for Santa Monica. Feel free to visit my website and find out more about Santa Monica.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker
424-625-1037
Santa Monica is a vibrant city with a variety of activities to walk to on any given day / evening. The City itself sponsors concerts + symphonies + raves + theatrical performances + food truck parties -> there is always social stimulus in Santa Monica.
Hi!
Santa Monica is one of the most sought after communitiss in the LA ares for many good reason. There are the geographical highlights, of course: miles of wide, expansive, clean beaches, mountains for hiking, the renowned Pier for entertainment, the cooler air than in other inland communities. Ocean breezes are a huge blessing!
As well, one might describe Santa Monica as being more "urban" than other areas. It is suitable for families, singles, and has a sizable older populations as well,and there truly is something for everyone. Great restaurants, bars, music clubs, theatres, movie theatres, fantastic shopping, a thriving art and art gallery scene are abundant and very much of part of the lifestyle. Casual but informed, relaxed yet engaged, it's a great vibe! Come check it out!
I love spending time in Santa Monica. It's a laid-back vibe. You don't have to dress to the nine's like going out in other areas of LA. You can have dinner in jeans and flip-flops. There's definitely a surfer community and that carries over to the social scene as well. I think it's a mix of young people and families throughout the many pockets of Santa Monica. There's even a different feel in the northern areas around Montana and Wilshire compared to areas south of the 10 FWY. Also, it's a biking and walking community which I love.

Let me know if you have other questions or need help narrowing down an area of Santa Monica that you'd want to live.

Best!
Angela
Santa Monica is special in that it provides a suitable environment for families with young children, singles, and mature adults. Schools are good (my children attended them). The social and cultural opportunities are so varied that you will be able to find your niche - no matter what your niche is.

At my company we can get you 105% financing plus we rebate buyers 20% of our real estate commission towards closing and fixing costs.

Please call me at 323.230.9775 so I can provide any additional information you need.

Maya Swamy, List! Buy! Save
I love the indie music venues in L.A. Its a very talented and unpretentious scene. for more info check out