Carey, Home Buyer in Destin, FL

Has the Casino issue having been resolved had any bearing on the clientele volume?

Asked by Carey, Destin, FL Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

1
Bill and Cyndi Daves’ answer
Carey - The simple answer is as"so far, no". However, it's not necessarily an easy metric to track. Not much time has elapsed since the approvals were given, and it will take a bit of time to work through the processes before the first shovel of dirt will turn.

Do we anticipate an increase in activity? Absolutely. Do we see that it will have a positive impact on property values? Absolutely. The first activity will, for certain, be construction workers coming in to the area. They will occupy every available rental, hotel and/or RV site to be found. If you own a vacation rental home though I wouldn't jump and down and shout for joy! These are not necessarily the most desirable tenants for your beautifully appointed mountain get-away. Rather this initial group will be construction workers (think hard hats and muddy boots) looking for inexpensive housing who don't mind "bunking" with 5 or 6 of their closest buddies.

The second phase of trades - plumber, electrical, mechanical will be a bit more "tidy" since they work mainly indoors!

Finally after what seems like an eternity construction will be complete and the doors will be ready to open. That should be when we see an influx of activity. Visitors will come to the area to enjoy the casino and, hopefully, decide they'd love to have a place of their own here.

Hope this helps and, if you have a property in the area that you'd be interested in marketing, please don't hesitate to give us a call.
Thanks so much for the update. I have a 3BR 2BA on Valley River on a contract, presently. It is priced way below my cost so, if property starts to move, I might have to go with the market. Carey Stegall
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013