Trulia San A…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Does any of the excitement from Austin for SXSW spill into San Antonio during this time of year?

Asked by Trulia San Antonio, San Antonio, TX Fri Mar 15, 2013

Answers

5
The answer to that depends on how savvy the audience you are asking is.

Here on Trulia (a Real Estate Web site) Realtors in San Antonio may be much less aware.

But I personally know this is getting to be a bigger event each and every year. Not only is it a film festival, but a music festival as well where many musical artists are show cased during the events and quite a few of those bands have performances here as well in the Alamo City.

It is a great event where so many talented people gather. You may think most stars live out in Hollywood, but we Texans have Sandra Bullock in Austin and Tommy Lee Jones here in San Antonio, just to drop a few names.

So 'my' answer to your question would be a big "YES" ! ! !

Just follow this link and you will see one of our SPURS gets into the action as well (Matt Bonner)

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Matt-and…

Gregory Touchstone
Keller WIlliams Realty
210-660-2834
I am currently looking for a house to lease here in SA. I am struggling at finding a community here that is in comparison to Austin. So far I like Alamo Hts, Olmos Park, and the new dev by the brewery. It is the most like the Austin community. If you have any ideas please let me know.
Amanda
I just moved back to San Antonio from Austin. I wish we could open up the SA community to be more like Austin. I love the outdoors and music like in Austin.
The biggest issue is.. most people in San Antonio have no idea what "SXSW" is! In fact, even I had to look it up to find out what you were referring to.

There may be some spill over to San Antonio, but if there is, it is really not hitting the masses. Its clearly a lack of good marketing on their part.

Sad thing is... if they promoted it better, it would be a big hit!

Jason
Not being a film fanatic, I didn't know that SXSW was a film fest. Hope they have more than just those 4 letters in their promos if they want to their grow interest to the non-informed . Film festivals are usually a niche market and they don't usually spread out.

I've lived in other areas that had these festivals and if you asked locals who lived within a one hour drive, they wouldn't even know there was a festival. One time I had a full set of passes for a 4 day event and I had trouble finding someone who was interested in going.