Erin E., Home Buyer in Lexington, KY

Does Wendell or Zebulon have more choices for dining/doing things after 8 pm?

Asked by Erin E., Lexington, KY Tue Oct 26, 2010

My husband and I are tryign to figure out whether to live in Knightdale to be close to Raleigh, Wilson to be close to my work, or Zebulon or Wendell, to be in the middle. We don't know what kind of options are in Wendell and Zebulon as far as dining - can you go anywhere for a drink at 10 pm on a week night?

Answers

5
Melissa Papadopoulos’ answer
Wendell doesn't have anything going on after 10. However, if you are looking for a place for dinner and a glass of wine or a bottle of beer, I would like to make a recommendation. My husband and his parents have a restaurant in Wendell called Boulevard Pizza. It's across from the McDonalds. They have pizza, subs, pasta, burgers, etc. Check them out online at http://www.blvdpizzawendell.com. They close at 10 on Wed-Sat, close at 9 on Mon and Tues, and closed all day on Sunday. Please help support local business. You won't be disappointed!

Oh, and if you are looking to buy a home in the area, feel free to contact me!
MelissaP@hpw.com

Thanks!
I just heard that the Chicken Parm is outstanding at Boulevard Pizza!
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Erin - Hopefully you've decided where to live in this area by now but just in case.These are all very different communities! If you are mainly looking for the nightlife you will want to get closer to downtown Raleigh. Wendell is a bedroom community with a classic walkable downtown with some shops and services. The local community is very involved and it's great for families. The Agave restaurant on third street in Wendell is offering mexican and american food as well as drinks and live music.

Knightdale will have more chain restaurants that should be open later at night.

I don't know much about Wilson but if you will probably be going against the traffic to get there from the Raleigh, Wendell area.
I lived in Wendell 6 years. I spent all my time driving to Raleigh or Knightdale to get food and go out to eat. Wendell and Zebulon are horrible.
Hi Erin, Zebulon has the least to offer as far as dinning & bars. Wendell has some, but not a lot. Here is a website with some usefull info. Wendell is about 15 mins to Knightdale and 30 to Raleigh
http://www.merchantcircle.com/directory/NC-Wendell/category/…
The only actual bar I could find in Wendell is the 97 Roadhouse: http://97roadhouse.com/
Knightdale is the closest to Raleigh and is growing fast with new merchants being added all the time. The newest area is the 64/264 bypass. Here you will find Chili's, Lone Star, Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings (all serve alcohol) and others. http://restaurants.uptake.com/north_carolina/knightdale/6890…
Knightdale is about 15 mins to downtown Raleigh, Capital Blvd or Triangle Town Center where you will find your choice of many different restaurants and bars.
If you don't mind the commute to Wilson (38 miles / 43 mins give or take) I think you can find an affordable house with a larger lot and things to do in Knightdale and only 15-20 mins to anything else you might want to do in Raleigh.
Take Care,
Shelia
Knighdale itself has a lot of great options for dinner and a drink after 10pm on a week night. How close do you want to be to either work or dining? Hwy 64 business and 540 has a lot of new stores, bars and places to get a drink. There has been less recent development in Wendell and Zebulon compared to Knightdale but you may be closer to work. Are you planning a visit to NC before you relocate? When are you moving to the area? You may benefit from visiting the communities you are interested in and see which meets your overall needs better.