Alison Hillm…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Bar hopping in Houston

Asked by Alison Hillman, San Francisco, CA Mon Jul 2, 2012

What neighborhoods in Houston are good for bar hopping (ie not needing to take cabs or finding a designated driver)?

Mark McNitt’s answer
Interesting question Alison,

It used to be in the Galleria area in the late 80s and early 90s. Now it seems to be in the Washington Ave area just west of down town Houston. Near Memorial Park, The Heights and even Mid-town just south of downtown.

Might suggest that not be the only criteria...coming from a +19yr real estate vet and former night club manager!! Commute, location, many details. Let us know if we can help.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
You've had quite the career! Thanks for the tips :)
Flag Mon Jul 2, 2012
Hey Alison,

There are several. You have midtown, downtown, uptown, and Washington just to name a few. Are you moving here? I would love to help you find a place. I am familiar with the bar scene! :) Give me a call or send me an email with what you are looking for!

Diane Hermis
Total Real Estate Services
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
Hello Alison,

You would be looking for areas inside the loop (Midtown, Montrose, Upper Kirby, Rice Military, Washington Corridor, and the Heights). Houston isn't a great walking town but you can certainly walk to a few places in these areas. This area also has a service called The Houston Wave - which is a shuttle service. They have pickup locations and can even pick you up at your home. Check out their website http://( for more information.
If you need more help let me know. I live and work in the area and would be happy to help you find the right place for you.

Kevin S Stokes
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Gary Greene, Realtors
(832) 520-5333
Washington avenue is Hot these days.