Design & Decor in 07458>Question Details

Nri, Home Owner in 07458

what could be cost of 4500 sq ft home on existing basement .own 30 year old house free & clear

Asked by Nri, 07458 Sun Dec 11, 2011

I want to build 4500 sq feet home with high end kitchen bath 5 bed 4.5 bath on existing basement all utilities on place basement is 70x35 lighted dry new like in v.good condition.I do'nt like ceiling height and layout. kitchen bathroom are out dated but love 2 acre lot in bergen county .I love my neighbours don't want to move in new neighbourhood. what i can save keeping basement first floor deck & utilities.but need new house. like location

Answers

2
Albert Rassam’s answer
The cost will depends on the materials you will be using, town requirements, and who would you be contracting to do the job. The usual cost for an average finish is between 120 to 180 per sq ft. Higher end finish can run you from $180 to $500 per square foot.
I would advise consulting with both a reputable architect and builder. These professionals can work with you in addressing the issues you have mentioned. If you like the neighborhood and your particular piece of property, you might find renovating the kitchens and bathrooms will give you the newer home you are looking for.

Juliette Gorham Prominent Properties Sotheby's International Realty