Design & Decor in Cape Coral>Question Details

HALLELUJAH19…, Home Buyer in Cape Coral, FL

h0w much to build 7200sqft home with all the amenities

Asked by HALLELUJAH1951, Cape Coral, FL Sun Mar 10, 2013

Answers

13
As the other realtors have commented it is really hard to say. It depends on the type of construction, (wood framed, CBS, ICF, etc) and the location of the home. If you are building directly on the Caloosahatchee River you will definitely need more fill dirt because of the elevation. When building a house of this size I would suggest working backwards. If you have a particular budget start there and then work backwards. The size of the home isn't as important as the functionality of the home and the upgrades. I work with 2 custom builders. They both build ICF and CBS homes. Both builders have homes under construction right now. I would love to take you through an ICF home as you would be blown away at how energy efficient, and strong these homes are built. Feel free to call me or email me to discuss your needs. Whomever you choose you need to use a builder who has home under construction right now, as the market has changed in the last few years with all of the new building codes.

Israel Emory
MarketWatchRealEstate.com
239-292-2499
IsraelEmory@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 11, 2013
By the way. Both lots are unrestricted Gulf access lots in premier communities.
I have a great builder that can build you a new house to your specs for $250 to $350 per square feet plus the lot That would be $1,800,000 to $2,500,000 depending on the amenities you select. I have 2 lots that will fit this size property. One is just over 16,000 sq ft for $350,000 and the other is just over 31,000 sq ft for $989,000. These are in the best neighborhoods in the Cape.

Call me when you are ready to take a look.

Tom Miller
Dockside Property
239-314-4369
Your question is very difficult to answer as so many variables come into play. I work with a top notch quality builder that can email you floor plans, options and prices. If you would like to receive this information please email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net and I will have them get in touch with you.
Contact me to discuss your specifics and then we can give you an idea. I have been a local Real Estate Broker for 30 years and my deep market knowledge and professional contact will be an asset to you. Best way to reach me is 239-770-7427 -cell or email. Thank you. Denny Sharma
If you are asking this question, then the obvious starting point is "what is your budget?" Everything else flows from there. The next list of questions that will impact your cost are;

1. Where is your lot? Is it waterfront? Dry lot?
2. Impact fees for your area.
3. What type of construction? CBS, ICF, Modular, Wood Frame, Manufactured?
4. What upgrades are you looking for?
5. Has a floor plan been designed and engineered?
6. Have you consulted with any general contractors
7. When being quoted psf prices, are you being quoted for living or total sq ft?

Until you have answers to these questions, the best anyone can do is throw ballpark numbers at you in the hopes of landing your business. Just as everyone else on here, we all have our preferred builders. Choose to work with someone who feel comfortable with, who is answering not evading or redirecting your questions, and will work best to represent your best interests.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Owner/Broker
MarketWatchRealEstate.com
239 645-3798
Wow, 7200 sq ft - you will need an oversized lot for that unless you want a 3 story home! I have a list of builders in Cape Coral and Lee County that you should start with. Let me know how to get it to you.
I am a new home builder (not in your area) and I recommend reading the book “Building a Quality Custom Home” by Dave Konkol available at Amazon for about 10.00. This will give you insight to what questions to ask when interviewing builders & what to except throughout the process. In regard to your specific question about cost this book will explain why it is impossible to give you anything but a very wide range about cost, and why no one can answer this question accurately. If anyone tries to give you a cost per sq. ft. answer this book will explain why that can be misconstrued. Example: is the the garage considered sq. ft.? Good luck on your Journey!!!
Thank you & enjoy the book
Flag Thu Mar 14, 2013
YOU GAVE A GREAT ANSWER. LOVE YOU! JANICE
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
Its not that easy.

If your serious I have lots of questions and I am sure you do. Call me and I will set up a time to meet with you and go over all of my questions and hopefully answer all of yours.

239.246.6639
KCloutier9@gmail.com

Cheers

Kevin Cloutier
A HouseSOLD Name
Southern Premier Realty
I think you have to start with the lot. Where will it be? On water, off water? Do you have a lot? As far as a home of that size, you are going to need more than the standard 80 x 125 lot. With pools, etc. with all of the amenities, you need to figure $160/sq. ft and up. 3500 sq ft. homes of this caliber average $400,000 just for the structure. There are a lot of other factors that go into it. I work with a few builders of custom and semi custom homes, let me know if you need help. Let me know if you want to shop for a location. I am happy help.

Thank you.

Susan Burhoe
Gulf Access Realty Inc.

What you're asking is impossible to answer without more details about what type of home,etc. give me a call or shoot me an email to discuss more. I work with different builders who can give you a better idea of cost. Thanks

Frank Glaab
Gulf Gateway Realty, Inc
Hard to give you a straight answer.... how much cost a nice car with all the bells and whistles?

It depends on location, what kind of upgrades and details you have put into the house. I would guess anywhere from $160/sq-ft and up.