Design & Decor in Cape Coral>Question Details

Stan, Home Buyer in Cape Coral, FL

how much would it cost a builder per square foot, to build a 1500 sq. ft. basic home in cape coral florida

Asked by Stan, Cape Coral, FL Thu Feb 24, 2011

Answers

20
Tom Miller’s answer
Hi Stan,

I work with several builders of high quality homes in the $100 to $200 per sq ft range plus the lot, depending on the amenities. Most existing home in the Cape are selling for well below the cost of new construction. There is a mini boom of new construction going on here now, so it is not unusual to see new homes built to the buyers specs going up, especially in the Southwest Cape.

If your interested I can set you up with a quality builder to get what you want. There are also plenty of waterfront lots with Gulf access still available at great prices. We could help you find that perfect location to build your dream house.

Call me 239-314-4369 when you are ready to start looking
Hi Stan

I have been building in cape coral for 20+ years. Im the senior most icf contractor here in sw Florida!
We offer a hurricane home with all the options here are a few

1600 sq ft living 2657 total 3/2/2 with study

Energy efficient Icf construction
Impact windows
Solid wood kitchen and bath vanities
Granite counter tops
16" tile floors
Upgrade carpet
Stainless appliance package

These to name a few! If you want your own plan we can do that also!
Our cost is between 65-70 sq/ft
Don't settle for less than options above your home is an investment, build one than will withstand Florida's environment!!

Any questions call mark Freedom construction services 941-883-1978
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 31, 2016
Do you have a website?
Flag Tue Jun 14, 2016
There are currently, some great builders offering incentives to build in the cape. I know of a couple reputable builders that are offering 1500 sqft homes starting in the mid 70’s. If you would like more information, including plans, specs and breakdown information please feel free to email or call me Isellflorida@ymail.com (239) 872-7936
I hope help in any way I can.
A.D. Diaz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Hi Adolfo,
I just bought a new house in Cape Coral . My daughter is buying a beautiful lot with all the assessments paid and she is looking for a builder with reasonable price. Can you
please give us some info about this matter. Feel free to emal me : sunny64h@yahoo.com
Thank you
Flag Fri Dec 25, 2015
Building home in Indian rocks beach, price per square foot? Builder grade material for inside, block for foundation and needs to be raised
You might want to compare the price of a new home to an existing home. Builders prices are going to very. Make sure you get a good one if you want to go this way.
http://bestfortmyersrealestate.com
I'm looking to build stilt home in Gibsonton, Fl on a canal. There is a mobile home currently on property. What would a few price per square foot be for a basic home 1500-1800 sq ft. An recommended builders or architects?
You,are looking at between $100 to $110 in Cape Coral. There are not a lot of new houses being built off the water but the last house that I was involve with cost $120 sq/ft. It has some pretty good upgrades, such as wood cabinets and granite countertops. That's high end. If you are just building an average house. Figure about 110.
My partner and I are closing on homes with investors for $40-$50 per sq foot (already built)
These homes are all less than 8 years old, 1500-2200 square feet and almost ready to move into.
The quote of $150-275 is outrageous.
Depending on the fit and finish it will vary from $150 - $275 per s/f
Web Reference: http://www.hayslettteam.com
Stan,
You should be clear on what you want for amenities that you want in the home and get several quotes. It's like anything, if you don't trust the person building your home it will be a very difficult experience. Ask questions and demand answers. Good luck!
We are not building in Florida but our charge to build is about is $92/sq ft. not including land. This includes hardwood flooring ($3/sq), granite tops, recessed lights, and a pretty nice trim package.

Costs in Florida will definitely be less per sq. ft but as you know there is nothing.... NOTHING that beats building a new construction home, custom the way you want it. All you need to do is find the right lot and local sales to support the cost and you can actually save money if you find the right builder which we easily do up north. Good luck!
Building and maintaining a basic home in Cape Coral will be determined by your strict adherence to building codes and insurance recommendations. Be sure you know what breaks you may or may not be awarded based upon the construction technique. Concrete block vs. poured concrete walls, concrete slab shingles or tile? If you are looking for long-term economical considerations including insurance, maintenance, etc., understand the insurance and environmental considerations. Remember, you will sell the house one day so resale is very important! Asphalt shingle roofs don't appreciate hurricane winds. All that lush greenery becomes green yucky shrapnel and turns the house green in 75 mile per hour winds. Love the avocado trees -- not crazy about scraping them off the side of the house. The best will probably be concrete block, rebar and concrete reinforced with real stucco on the exterior. Keep it to a ranch, and you can clean and easily paint over the green smudges. When I lived there, we painted the house after every major hurricane, and we whitewashed the concrete tile roof with buckets and mops. The roof should have a very gentle slope -- no snow to worry about, so you can walk around if you are able or hire someone for a reasonable cost to take care of it. Walking around on the curved tiles is tricky, and they do break! If you can come up with a design that looks good with awnings -- good for you. Less work on nailing up plywood! Good luck!!
Dear Stan,

It doesn't matter where you are building the answer is the same, what exactly do you want in that square foot area.

One person might want marble floors while another cermac floor or wood each one would change the cost per square foot. Different roof types will also change this cost; as you can see there are many variables that would affect the cost per square foot.

My suggestion is to visit the "Parade of Homes" in your area where you will get an introduction to many builders in the same aarea. Check what is standard with each builder and please be sure to look up at the roof.

Quality in your home lasts a long time so don't give it up to lower the cost, find another way.

Best of luck to you.

Agnes Tabor, REALTOR
239 564-0384
agnes@agnestabor.com
ABR- accredited Buyers Representative
PREMIERE PLUS REALTY
Naples, Florida
Why are you looking to build right now with all the significantly reduced resale options currently on the market in Cape Coral?? On the surface it would seem that you could get a better deal by buying an existing home.
Hi Stan,
Here is an attachment below for a brand new 2010 home in Cape Coral's newest gated community. This builder's product works out to just under $120 per sq ft.

I found you over 80 homes between 2009 -2010. Builder products outside of the gated communities are as low as $80 per sf for 1500 + 3/2/2.

Happy to help you find your piece of paradise in SW Florida when you are ready. Feel free to shop the entire FL Gulfcoast MLS by going to http://www.swfloridahomebuyer.listingbook.com. You will be able to find new or newer homes as well as vacant land on this site by setting your search criteria; save your favorites, see your cost per s f and ask me questions.

A few things you may want to keep in mind before you consider building are impact fees, cost of fill dirt, geographical studies, lots containing protected species (burrowing owls and gopher turtles) to name a few.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2010"
239-464-8620
sarahgarrett@argfl.com
No reason to build anything unless you have a lot and you just want to build.....the resells are so inexpensive that it makes no sense to build.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
I have lived in Cape Coral most of my adult life and have never seen anything even remotely resembling the current situation. In MOST cases, you simply cannot build a home for less than you can buy that same home, already completed. As the market corrects, and it is, the disparity will lessen and eventually make building viable again. But, for now, the smart move is to find a home already completed, in an area you like, with the amenities you want.

I am happy to help you find the perfect home!

Kevin Caraotta
(239) 699-4664
The average per square ft cost is 89.00 not counting your land. Call me at 239-565-6914 and I can give you plenty of information on rerputable builders.

Doug Robnolte
Broker Associate
Web Reference: http://www.tsrhomes.com
Hi I agree with the first answer there is plenty of inventory where as you can purchase a "basic" home in cape coral 1500 sq ft starting at $85K to $95K move in condition depending on the homes location.
Click on this site and scroll to the bottom to view homes in that price range. As per your questions of the cost to build I believe the rate is starting at $100 a sq ft and up depending on how basic.

Here is the link to the site; http://www.carneyproperties.com/carney-homes/

Let me know if I can assist you on your next purchase

Marzia Rivera, Realtor
Residential Real Estate
Carney Realty & Associates
239-540-4884 Fax 888-540-4884
Web Reference: http://www.2395404884.com
Talk with a local builder but would also like to recommend you speak with a local agent or Realtor. I do not know the market there, but here in Tucson AZ there are a lot of inventory for buyers, thus a buyers market. New builds are at a low.

Also, please consider speaking with a lender, buyers are finding out getting a new construction loan in this market is not easy to do.

Best of luck.
Spirit