Renee, Home Buyer in Cedar Park, Philadel...

What will it cost to build a home from ground up with a basement and the lot size is 1799 sq feet.?

Asked by Renee, Cedar Park, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jun 20, 2011

Answers

5
Hi Renee,

It answer is in the tea leaves ... it depends on the overall size, the choice of equipment, amenities, finishes, and architect design fees. Design & Construction costs out of the ground are often $120/SF. Basement and garage square feet quantities are not typically included in the total residential cost per square foot numbers. Build a reserve amount of 15-20% of the anticipated total costs into your budget.

Charles Balducci 215.531.2000

Coldwell Banker Preferred
cbalducci@cbpref.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011
Hi, Renee.

I agree with the answers below. Ground-up new construction will usually run about $100 per/sq ft (in the finished basement, as well).

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Tim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011
Hi Renee,

I'd be happy to discuss your project in further detail. I've been on new construction projects with ranges from $70-250 sqft. The range I most often see is $80-100 sqft.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011
Hi Renee,

Of course it depends on many factors, but most builders I am working with that do very good quality work are building for around $100 per square foot. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Garden
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011
Usually about $75.00 to $85.00 per square foot, depending upon finishes, qualtiy and type of construction, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 20, 2011