Design & Decor in New York>Question Details

missesgina, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

What style are white plantation shutters? I mean is it country, bohemian, tropical, traditional or what?

Asked by missesgina, New York, NY Fri Jan 16, 2009

Answers

6
dessyanaiwan’s answer
Basically, White plantation shutters are custom creation for every customer's window ! I think white plantation shutters are traditional shutters to make your house more elegant and gives it a different look. Plantation shutter is the part of home decoration and to do beautiful decorations, along with shutters and all that, home appliances and furniture also matters !
I would say that plantation shutters have a country style. They remind me of old houses that used to be in the south. I think that plantation shutters would really help add value to your house. I think that plantation shutters would definitely be a nice touch to any house.

Mary Jane | http://www.coastwideblinds.com.au/shutters
I don't know if you could group it into one of those categories. They might be considered a Victorian or Old-age style. They basically just add sophistication to a house. You could also look into getting privacy shutters if that's something you're interested in. It seems like everyone is worried about retaining their privacy these days.
Plantation shutters are probably considered to be different in whichever market they're in. For example, in Houston, they're decorative but neutral as far as what their "style" is. Many people use them in ALL styles of property and it doesn't change the style of the property at all.
Aloha Regina,

It is my understanding that Plantation shutters are tropical traditional. You will not find this type of shutter as a DEFINING element in either country or bohemian styles but you might find them used in both styles. Peace-
In my opinion, all of the above!
Debbie
Web Reference: http://www.RonandDebbie.net