Design & Decor in Newtown>Question Details

Tina Flow, Home Buyer in Litchfield County, CT

Not being a tennis player, any idea how much it would cost to REMOVE a Har Tru tennis ct. and to replace it with soil for planting?

Asked by Tina Flow, Litchfield County, CT Sun Jul 4, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Har tru is a natural clay & not cement or asphalt. If you are very interested in a property negotiate the courts removal as a part of the deal.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 20, 2013
Tina, I know a great landscaper in the area. He's done some tricky things and should be able to give you a price. Feel free to call my cell (203-733-4323) or e-mail me (
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 8, 2010
You will need an excavator. Many large landscaping companies can propably do it. I have one who handles the western part of Fairfield County not far from Litchfield County. It will not be cheap. I'm speculating 1000's.
If you need further info let me know. Good luck. Also, think first about what value the court adds before removing. You just may have guests who play.You can add a basketball hoop inside the court. Do not know how much acreage you have and what location or space it takes up. Just a thought.


Candace Lipira
Keller Williams Platinum Properties
Fairfield County, CT
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
Call a contractor, it is probably the same as removing a driveway or anything else. Get 3 estimates and make sure your contracter will pull the necessary permits to do the work.

Debbie Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer