Design & Decor in Chicago>Question Details

CDNBlue, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

Modern Home Builders

Asked by CDNBlue, Chicago, IL Tue Jul 10, 2012

We're looking to establish a relationship with a home builder that has built their portfolio with Modern home types. We are looking to tear down and build in Old Town Lincoln Park in the next 6 months.

Answers

8
Andy Ogorzaly’s answer
I know a high end general contractor that works with many different architects including modern if interested.

Be sure to interview and research all the professionals you will be using for this project because building a home can be one of the most exciting and stressful events in your life! You want to watch out for fly by night home builders/contractors. Ask for licenses, insurance, and portfolios to make sure they are legit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 16, 2012
Agents typically have relationships with builders and will be compensated by a builder for a referral. You will meet the most builders that construct modern housing (and have a good reputation) in these areas by having an agent utilize market knowledge and do some leg work for you. I am a licensed general contractor and I played a large QC role with my last client, I could also make an intro and give an unbiased opinion and step out of the way. Obviously your call. Good luck regardless.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty
esachs@rpvinc.com
773/368-5515
Thanks Erik. I appreciate your candor.
Flag Tue Jul 10, 2012
Check out http://calderoconstruction.com

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
There are a lot of good builders and GC's out there. I would call around to some good ones. Look for good recommendations.
I understand that you want to work directly with a builder / contractor / architect and so you should, but you will still need a Realtor to assist you in finding the right lot for your needs correct?

And by the way, you will have the expertise and experience for free as the Buyers Agent will be paid
by the Seller's side at the closing table out of the proceeds of the seller but you will have representation, and a Realtor looking everywhere for the right lot for you, tear down or buildable lot.

Let me know if I can help, referring a builder you can contact directly and information and e-mails of
available lots.

Good Luck to you..

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Thanks for the responses. We're not looking for agent representation just direct with the builders.
I think you already have my info, please let me know if you would like to talk more.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty
esachs@rpvinc.com
773/368-5515
I have a number of builders who work through me, you would need to be represented by my team @ Koenig Strey - what is your price point ?