Design & Decor in Bellevue>Question Details

Brian, Home Buyer in 95051

Is it possible to build or buy a house in one state, and then move it to another state?

Asked by Brian, 95051 Wed Jul 22, 2009

moving

Answers

2
Interesting proposal. I offer two thoughts to you. First, consider a modular home. I know, I know...they are manufactured homes. But, the designs are WAY better than they used to be. (I have a picture of one a friend is going to build, if you'd like to see what's possible today.) Additionally, these homes are built inside a climate-controlled factory with strict quality controls. No weather issues. With all due respect to my friends in the building industry, I don't know why more homes, or at least parts of homes, aren't built this way.

Secondly, there are companies who move homes. They section them up and put them on wide-bed trucks and ship them then put them back together. Mostly used for historical structures, but certainly possible for the average person. It only takes money. :)

- Diane
Brian,
You have duplicated your original question......consider deleting one.