Design & Decor in Georgia>Question Details

Bev Fenello, Real Estate Pro in Woodstock, GA

Interior Decorators! What is your most recommended paint colors?

Asked by Bev Fenello, Woodstock, GA Fri Jul 1, 2011

A very common color I have been seeing is Svelte Sage by Sherwin Williams & Cathedral Gray by Dutch Boy. I am looking for a standard color pallet all in the same tones that I can hand over to sellers that need to paint the whole interiors of their homes. I see too many clients paint one room in a very bold red, then share a wall with a pale blue or the whole house has been painted in the same beige color. What are some of your tried and true neutral colors that you recommend?

Answers

1
Hi Bev-
I am new to Trulia and I noticed your question and I have some suggestions if you are still interested. A popular and neutral color for staging is "Oat" in the Devine paint pallette. I would also suggest Benjamin Moore's affinity line "Hush" AF-95, harmony AF-90,or jute AF-80. These are just a few of the neutrals that work well for updates. The affinity line is also the line used by Pottery Barn, so if you look in the PB catalogs you will often see a reference to the specific color used in the photo. Also, the affinity line boasts that you can match any three colors and they will, I quote, "seamlessly harmonize with one another". Makes it easy.
Hope this helps.
Ruth Howard
HSR Certified Professional Home Stager and Redesigner