Design & Decor in 76021>Question Details

Lita, Home Buyer in 76021

I like to take hot, soaky baths. Will hot water cool quicker in a cultured marble tub than in fiberglass?

Asked by Lita, 76021 Thu May 14, 2009

I am building a house and the builder is recommending a cultured marble tub in the master.

Answers

2
answer
Lita

Partly, I will give you my opinion....this is not a scientific study :) . Partly from a real estate value perspective.

The look of a cultured market tub will give your home a more updated look therefore showing better and perhaps selling better in the future. I do think from personal experience that they cool the water off quicker. I would be more concerned about the size of the water heater. Make sure you have plenty of hot water, then it won't matter....enjoy that cultured marble tub!!

We sell homes in Southlake, Westlake, Grapevine, Colleyville, Keller and for that matter most of North TEXAS.........let us know if we can assist in selling the home you are moving from. Be sure and check out our web site!
Web Reference: http://www.mbyrealty.com
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

My best gess would be hot water would cool much faster in a fiberglass tub due to the thickness of the material. However I can also see a cultured marble tub cooling just a quickly depending on the temperature of the tub prior to pooring a bath. It would take long for the hot water to bring the marble to temp. and in the mean time the marble would pull the heat right out of the tub. I would honestly guess the fiberglass tub would keep the water hotter longer ... This is a tough one, perhaps myth busters time, ha

Real Estate Consultant
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157