Design & Decor in 19120>Question Details

Andraeus, Both Buyer and Seller in 19027

I am interested in hiring a professional "stager", before putting my home on the market. Any hints; also cost for staging a 1100 foot?

Asked by Andraeus, 19027 Thu Aug 4, 2011

townhome in Pa.

Answers

2
Dan Tabit’s answer
Andraeus,
Stagers come with different packages & possibilities. My wife is an Accredited Staging Professional and provides her services to our listing clients as part of our package. Other Stager's are independent business persons and do consultations, set fees or hourly rates depending on what is needed.
Renting furniture is a separate expense that stagers can arrange for, or provide themselves depending on what is needed.
My suggestion is find an outstanding agent and discuss your interest in professional staging with them. They may also have Professional Accreditation or a recommendation for someone they have used successfully.
Having a professional stage your home is definitely a good idea, and it doesn't necessarily cost that much. First I'd ask your Realtor for recommendations. I have a great stager who charges $75/ hour. For only 1 hour, she goes through the whole house and makes suggestions on decluttering, re-arranging furniture, adding "accent" pieces, re-hanging artwork, removing excess furniture and "knick-knacks", etc. My buyers have found this to be money well spent. If a house is vacant, she can go a step further and furnish different rooms, add towels / rugs in bathrooms, etc.and the seller pays a monthly rental fee for the furniture & decor items. Hopefully you'll get some names of people in your area who can help. Good luck!