Laura, Real Estate Pro in Massachusetts

Hi, How many of you use or recommend a home staging company? Have you thought about using a home stager as part of your team to enhance your marketing

Asked by Laura, Massachusetts Thu Feb 11, 2010

I'm a home stager and find such a mixed response from agents

Answers

6
Lynn Crawford’s answer
Your best best is to check some of the national home staging directories such as HSR or RESA. Look for stagers in your area and call to verify that they have insurance and ask to see their portfolio. Ask if the photos on their website are stock photos or photos of properties they've staged. Staging costs vary but a staging consultation in the DC area runs around $200 and can give a homeowner direction for cost-effective changes before selling their home. Vacant staging costs are more expensive but very often recouped when the home is sold.
Hi Laura:

Staging can be very expensive. Sometimes it is difficult to justify the expenditure. However, I do often use stagers to help clients make the most of what they already have. Sellers benefit from the kind of service and they do tend trust an expert more than a generalist like a real estate agent.

Ron Rovtar
Boulder CO
I feel your pain Laura. We Interior Design Consultants & Stagers are not marketing ourselves properly.
Laura:

Unfortunately many agents in our market are not getting the job done! I finished my GRI in November and at that class the instructor said that 60% of licensed agents would not make one sale in 2009 or 2010 so I can understand your frustration. You really need to focus your efforts on successful agents. I would recommend having a Realtor friend of yours get info on the top producing agents and target them.

I feel that in many cases staging is very important. Best of luck.
Hi Laura, As a full time Realtor I try to take classes that will benefit my clients. I have my CHMS Certified Home Marketing Specialist Designation. (Staging )
After all Realtors are Marketers and part of marketing the property is preparing the home to sell. I can attribute many Over asking price sales to my staging the home. Even in this market. I enjoy staging a home and it benefits me when I am on a listing appointment. I once got a listing over another Realtor because I offered staging and he offered a referral to a stager. My market is somewhat in a distressed area, In a high end market your skills would be better suited.
Many people do not want to spend the money and it seems there is alot of staging comapnies popping up. What is the cost to stage and rent furniture for a vacnt condo? I am listing one that is empty and it would be nice to spruce it up. You can email me at mdmrealty@msn.com
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com