Design & Decor in Midlothian>Question Details

aadesai, Home Buyer in Midlothian, VA

Have a non-home related question....Are tankless water heaters better in compare to normal tank heaters...?

Asked by aadesai, Midlothian, VA Wed Aug 21, 2013

Is the water less warm coming out of tankless water heater compared to a normal water tank heater?

Answers

3
Rick Cox’s answer
I like tankless water heaters because they take up less space, heat water only as your using it and your supposed to have an endless supply of hot water. I wouldn't go out and change my hot water heater at this time because research shows there is still some improvements needed, and the price difference is so significant that it would take you years if ever to recoup the difference. I might seriously consider getting one if I just needed to for the space, or if I was building a new home. I do think eventually tankless water heaters will be standard on all new homes.
Hello Aadesai,
I have a tankless water heater in my home (Virginia Beach, VA ) and the water is just as hot as I remember when my family used to have a regular water tank heater in previous homes. We purposely installed a tankless during our renovation, to be 'green" and to save on space. The only downside I've had is getting teenagers out of the shower on time! I would recommend installing a tankless heater. I hope this helps

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mazuera Realtor
2304 Kleen Street @ Shore Drive
Virginia Beach VA 23451
elizabethm@williamewood.com
Direct: (757) 748-0792
Office: (757) 481-3710
Fax: (757 )213-1903
Toll Free: (800) 468-7340

 Please consider the environment before printing
Tankless water heaters ensure you'll never run out of hot water and are more "green," only heating water as it's needed. Not to mention free up some much needed space in your utility room. But in our local area, Western South Dakota, where many homes are sourced by a private well it's important to ensure your water is soft enough to effectively use a tankless water heater. Oftentimes, if your water is hard - the traditional tank water heater is still your best option.