Curb Appeal in 37172>Question Details

DEB6922, Home Buyer in Destin, FL

WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE PUTTING HOME ON THE MARKET?

Asked by DEB6922, Destin, FL Thu Apr 11, 2013

Answers

11
These are all great answers but the best advice is that if it is not something that you will be using in the next 6 months pack it away so that the home does not look cluttered.
A real estate agent would be able to give you some suggestions after looking at the home.

Here are a few major tips

1. Clean inside and out
2. Paint if necessary. You would be amazed at what a paint job can do.
3. De-clutter
4. Professional staging if possible
5. Pay attention to the landscaping
6. If pet odors get rid of it, you might have to install new flooring.
start with the curb appeal, followed by minimizing the home decor, stage the home with furniture that is size appropriate. When you sell the house you will be packing anyhow. start now with the things you don't use daily. It will also help with cleaning the house for a short notice showing.
There are all kinds of articles and videos which you can reference to show you exactly what you should do when putting your home on the market. The most important thing is to make sure that the home is clean and presentable.
Deb,
Selling a home can be an overwhelming process. Many have found it very beneficial to have the process reduced to bite size pieces. You, as the seller, can determine what is possible and what is not. Give me a cal for a digital version of my Florida Sellers Guide and Room-by-Room guide.
-
You want every positive attribute of your home to shine like a star.
If your home has a pool, make it sparkle...make it appear fun....make it obvious to the buyer that this is where they will enjoy the Florida lifestyle at it's best.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
If you are serious, call.
You should absolutely consider staging the interior and exterior of the property. Staging involves cleaning things up, removing clutter, and sometimes rearranging furniture so that the space looks big and bright.

For some staging tips, read this HGTV article:
http://www.hgtv.com/decorating-basics/15-secrets-to-selling-…
The house would show better if you open the pool. Do whatever you can do to make the property look its best.

ALSO...PLEASE STOP YELLING!
I HAVE AN ABOVE GROUND POOL SHOULD I OPEN IT BEFORE PUTTING HOUSE ON MARKET ?
As far as curb appeal, trim shrubs & trees, seed or sod bare spots in lawn, weed the flower beds, add some color with flowering plants either in flower beds and/or pots, add fresh mulch. Make sure entry way is clean and tidy and pressure wash if necessary. Make sure the front door is spotless - new paint or stain/varnish. Don't clutter the yard with lots & lots of statuary & lawn ornaments. First impressions are everything!
I HAVE AN ABOVE GROUND POOL , SHOULD I OPEN IT BEFORE I PUT HOME ON THE MARKET
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Just remember spit shine and move-in ready!
Invite a couple of local Realtors to your property and ask their opinion of what you can do within a budget to make the home more appealing to prospective buyers. They will be happy to give some advice.