Curb Appeal in Austin>Question Details

Forrest, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Need an affordable Landscape Architect for small home in Central Austin.

Asked by Forrest, Austin, TX Sun Apr 1, 2012

I own a 3 bedroom house in the Chicon neighborhood near Lady Bird lake. I would like to re-do my yard but have no idea where to start. Please let me know if anyone knows a good landscape architect that is affordable and does good work. Thank you in advance!

Answers

1
Thomas Hess’ answer
I am a real estate broker but have a history in landscape design. I just completed a 3 home complex in Clarksville. I used to lecture on xeriscaping and native plants and was a frequent guest on KLRU's Central Texas Gardener. I also have a degree in Environmental Design. There is no charge to meet up and I can give you a quote at that time once I understand the size and scope of the project. Normally the fees for a total master plan drawing might be between $400 and $500. I can also assist in locating plant material and giving instructions for do it yourselfers or refer quality contractors.

Let me know if I can assist.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522