Curb Appeal in Austin>Question Details

Forrest, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Need an affordable Landscape Architect for small home in Central Austin.

Asked by Forrest, Austin, TX Sun Apr 1, 2012

I own a 3 bedroom house in the Chicon neighborhood near Lady Bird lake. I would like to re-do my yard but have no idea where to start. Please let me know if anyone knows a good landscape architect that is affordable and does good work. Thank you in advance!

Answers

9
Give Leslie Lilly at Lonestar Natives a call! They are afforable, extremely professional, and they are local to the East Side. Check them out at lonestarnatives.com or call them at 512 417 4934. Best of luck!
I would love to hire a landscape architect. I think this would really add some appeal to my home. I'm not very satisfied with my yard right now. Do you think this is a good time to do landscaping? Let me know if you found someone good for the job. http://www.thearboristsurrey.ca/en/lawn.html
Talk to your neighbor or pick up the phone and call around. Ask for references if you are unsure.

Have you spoken with your neighbors and friends about this? Usually you can get some pretty good referrals if you ask that group of people. I have been wanting to find a couple of people in my area that could refer me to services like this. I guess I'll just have to open my mouth. http://www.precisionlandscapecontractors.com/landscapedesigns.html
I would drive around and look at the landscaping your neighbors have done. When you find a few yards that you admire, knock on their doors and inquire about who did the work, and if they would recommend their services. That way you get a better idea of what kind of job the landscapers do than looking at their portfolio.
We have had great experiences using Angie;s list. Might be worth a try.
You should find out if any of your family or friends have had this kind of work done recently. Getting referrals will be the best way to put together a list of candidates for your work. After that you should get examples of the work that they've done and make sure that they fit your design wants and your pricing needs. Whatever you do, you should make sure that the job being done fits in with what you want, because you will be the one living with it.
http://www.smith2.com/services/landscape-architecture/
I am a real estate broker but have a history in landscape design. I just completed a 3 home complex in Clarksville. I used to lecture on xeriscaping and native plants and was a frequent guest on KLRU's Central Texas Gardener. I also have a degree in Environmental Design. There is no charge to meet up and I can give you a quote at that time once I understand the size and scope of the project. Normally the fees for a total master plan drawing might be between $400 and $500. I can also assist in locating plant material and giving instructions for do it yourselfers or refer quality contractors.

Let me know if I can assist.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522