Curb Appeal in Lawrence>Question Details

John Olmstead, Real Estate Pro in Lawrence, KS

Looking for information on new construction developments resembling late 1800/early 1900's architecture.

Asked by John Olmstead, Lawrence, KS Fri Sep 21, 2007

Hi all -
If any of you have web listings with pics and/or information regarding new construction developments that are themed completely on late 1800, early 1900's architecture styles please send me the links. I am working on a long term development plan and am interested in gaining additional ideas/feedback from around the country. I am looking for things like new construciton with alleys and rear entry garages, highly detailed exteriors, interesting street layouts, extensive use of green space/common area/parks, etc.

Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks -

A’s answer
Greetings Jason!
There is a project going up right now that is taking advantage of park space and historic buildings of the time period your referencing. I'm really excited about the fact that the character of the buildings is being maintained - it appears they are tailoring the units to the existing buildings, not the other way around. Check out the link below!
I don't have "themes", but I have the real thing...buildings from the early 1800's to 1900's, some shells, some with all the utilities roughed in. Most start at around $600k, some in and around the French Quarter in New Orleans.

They vary from mixed use to residential.
Web Reference:
Linette -

I would appreciate the links when/if you have time...Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Jason, I live in Delaware and we have a community that I just love in the Southern part of Delaware. It is called Parkside. Several builders have homes in the community and they have all followed the old front porch styling in their homes. I don't have the links available at the moment , but if you contact me I will look it up for you. Linette