Curb Appeal in 23805>Question Details

1630 Berkeley…, Both Buyer and Seller in 23805

In November 2007 house appraised for 200K. What price can I expect Jan 2010?

Asked by 1630 Berkeley Av., 23805 Sun Jan 17, 2010

Good day,

I recommend having a few agents pull together a CMA for you. If you decide to list you home you should interview at least 3 agents. Find an agent that will expose your home to the most buyers.

I would be happy to interview for the job.

Thanks and good luck,
Chris Capps
Web Reference:

I'm a Realtor with Weichert - Brockwell & Portwood andI live in your neighborhood, one block over. Walnut Hill has been hit very hard in the housing downturn. There have been foreclosures to the right and left of us, in front and in back of us. Subsequently, our homes are not comparing well. My own residence was appraised in late 2006 for $220,000. Today, it's worth closer to $165,000. The last number isn't a appraisal. It's a comparative market analysis but I've found that my numbers either mirror an appraisal or come real cose to the appraiser's estimation of value. I'll be glad to do a CMA for your property. That way, you'll know where you stand should you decide to sell anytime soon.

My email is:
Come visit me on my new website at:

BTW, I live at 1571 Westover Avenue.
Hello 1630 Berkeley,
How are you? Thanks for the inquiry.
Did you get your home appraised to refinance or that's when you bought it? Prices have come down quite a bit in my area. Winter months are less active since the cold weather and snow delays some people to go out to see homes.
The best things is to get in touch with your local RE/MAX real estate agent and he/she can ran a free Market Analysis for you explaining what the market bears in your town. Feel free to contact me if you would like me to have them call or email you.
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection, Realtors
Marlton, NJ
Web Reference:
For a good picture why not contact any realty office(s) and ask for comps--recently closed similar properties in the immediate area--then make a determination--your agent can assist you in factoring in any renovations, additions, etc. and the service is free. Or if you'd like hire a professional appraiser.

The only way to know for sure is to have a local Realtor® prepare a market analysis for you. There are to many factors to decide on line the condition of your home, the recent sales in your neighborhood, etc. If you don't have an agent in your part of Virginia to call let me know and I would be glad to put you in touch with one.
Why don't you go pretend to be a buyer in your neighborhood and see what other homes are listing your area. When I looked around, I like the wiechert web site the best but others are equally as good.
The local market is the key to your answer. Each market is like the weather, different all over.
Depends on what the market is doing in your area. More than likely the value has dropped since 2007 which in most places was the peak. As an example, in my area house prices are currently equal to 2004 prices. You will have to compare your house to the recently sold properties in your area to have an idea of what the current market value may be