Curb Appeal in Kissimmee>Question Details

Joyce, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

How often do you need to mow your lawn on average in Kissimmee?

Asked by Joyce, Bronx, NY Mon Jul 20, 2009

I know this seems silly, but the grass there is very different then in NY. When considering if we want a single family home or townhouse, this comes into question. We will not be down there permanantly for at least 2 years so we will need to hire someone to do it if we buy a single family house.

Answers

6
Hi Joyce,

The standard maintained by most lawncare companies is 42 cuts per year. At least once per week during rainy season (June 1 to November 30) and at most once every two weeks during dry season. I'm a community supervisor and our contract calls for 42 cuts a year.

$100 a month is too much in Kissimmee. You can easily find good companies who will do it for $75 or less.

Let me know when you're ready to look.

Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
I live in South Dakota. We have to mow our lawns once a week normally then when it gets further into to summer we can go up to 2 weeks. It's October now and I am not sure if I am going to need to mow again till next spring... It has snowed once so far but if it gets back into the 70s I might need to mow one more time.
Hello again Joyce,

I agree with the answers you have recieved.
During the winter months I have gone 4 weeks without mowing.

One thing to consider, some communities have lawn maintenence in thier HOA dues.
If is not, you can figure about $100 a month to pay someone to maintain your yard.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Fortier
Cinderella Realty
My neighbor seems to think they don't have to do it at all! LOL

I would agree it's pretty much a weekly requirement during the summer. I've gone longer than 14 days/2 weeks in the winter, but certainly do need to mow it all year long.
Hi Joyce,

If St. Augustine grass, then once a week in the summer months and then once every two weeks. During the coldest part of the year, some lawns can be cut even less frequently.

Marty Kaiser
407-595-9700
marty@floridasells.com
Web Reference: http://www.floridasells.com
This varies depending on the time of the year. Since the grass tends to grow more slowly during the November through April months people can get away with mowing every 10-14 days while during the summer more rainy months mowing is a weekly affair,