Crime & Safety in 34758>Question Details

Dave Finn, Home Buyer in Florida

what is the gang activity in poinciana?

Asked by Dave Finn, Florida Tue Aug 28, 2007

We are considering buying a home in Poinciana and was informed by a disinterested third party that the Poinciana area has significant gang activity and other crime. All statistics on line are from 2004. Can we get any other info? thanks

Answers

6
Your best bet is to contact Broker Bryant Tutas who is the expert in Poiniana, Florida.
Take a loot at his site mentioned below.
Hello Dave,
As a Realtor in Champaign County, IL, I don't comment on "areas" of our town. I do, however, highly suggest to my buyers that they call the local police department. They will give the exact crime statistics for the address or area. I hope this helps.
Rosa
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2007

I am a Poinciana resident. I have been for the past 5 years and am in the process of purchasing another home right here in Poinciana. I would say that the gang activities differs depending on the areas in Poinciana that you are looking at. I have been living in village 2 for the past 5 years and there is relatively little crimes compared to other areas.
Better yet, sheriffs can be seen on the roads also every few minutes, so to speak. This has made Poinciana a better place to live than it was when I first relocate.
Except for the traffic, I love it here in Poinciana!
While the four answers you received so far were very good, I have one better. I am the one and only real estate agent who both lives and works in Poinciana. At last night's APV Community Update (10/25/07), representatives from the Sheriff's Offices of both Polk and Osceola were there to tell us about crime and it was good news. (Tutas lives in Dundee and may not likely know Poinciana like I do.) If you would like to find out more about this meeting and what the Sheriff's said about the so-called gangs, please check my Answer Blog for an upcoming report on my attendance there and how I got the crowd of hundred's to cheer-on my question on growth directed at Avatar's Tony Iorio.
I concur with Ines and Rick... no one knows Poinciana as well as Bryant Tutas at Tutas Town Realty.
Kaye Thomas, Real Estate Pro in 90266
As a Realtor in Orlando, Florida and an agent who has sold homes in Poinciana, I would agree with Rosa. Contact the local police station to get a report on local crime statistics.