Crime & Safety in Seattle>Question Details

Sp, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

what is the crime rate on 95th between Aurora and Greenwood?

Asked by Sp, Seattle, WA Thu Jan 10, 2008

Answers

6
Check out the website I reference.
Greenwood is area 29
You can filter results by type of crime by using the drop down menu on the right.
I would call the local police precinct and ask them what type of crimes have been committed in the area. I always advise my clients to visit the areas in which they are interested at different times of the day to judge for themselves if an area would be acceptable to them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2008
Thanks for the good website James!

One more things to add is to talk to some neighbors in the area you are looking in. If you're looking into a condo each complex can even vary depending on how it is set up. Also, spend time in that area during different times of the day to make sure that you feel safe and secure.

With such a big investment at hand...you want to make sure that you are making the right decision and will always feel safe and secure.
Web Reference: http://www.agentsamuel.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 16, 2008
I have to say I love the site James gave out. You may also want to check out zipskinny.com, and walk score.com. Both offer a wealth of information about specific neighborhoods.
James definitely gave you a great resource.
I think it is important to note also that this particular area is being redeveloped in many areas and the potential for future appreciation is greater as a result.
Great website referral by James.

One item I would add is to compare crime rates in various locations. If you just focus on the crimes and rates in your search area it will scare you. Every area, whether high end community or low income neighborhood has it's issues. Once you compare multiple locations it will give you a better perspective on what the crimes are, how often they occur and if it's something you can live with. Because the reality of our world is that we all live with it around us.