Crime & Safety in Concord>Question Details

Chowbll, Home Buyer in Concord, CA

what are the bad neighborhoods to avoid in concord?

Asked by Chowbll, Concord, CA Sat May 16, 2009

I would like to move to concord and live in a safe neighborhood. which would you suggest

Answers

9
Best to check with the Concord Police Department for statistics and information. If the pro's answer this, they may be accused of steering.
Web Reference: http://www.crosswalkre.com
3 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 16, 2009
I agree with Johnny Huang. Mr. Huang is an expert realtor in the Concord/Pleasant Hill market, yet he chose to answer the question the best way possible. Likewise I practice Real Estate in Pleasant Hill/Concord market and would be happy to show you how great the Concord Market is. When I meet a client for the first time, I provide them with the School Data for Concord, and I them drive them through each neighborhood and explain each areas Pro's and Con's. Who am I to say what area is good or bad. If you want a tour of Concord and its houses, feel free to email me. I preview homes in Concord on a daily basis.
BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Agent Joseph W. Leighton of Santa Clara obviously didn't read the first post by the well educated and professional Mr. Johnny Huang.

Shame....shame.

Darin
Web Reference: http://www.hhiinvesting.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 20, 2009
Do you have children? If so, you want to also consider the schools. The highest rated schools in Concord are in the 94521 zip code. The Concord area that borders Walnut Creek is also desirable as it is very accessible to freeways, BART and shopping. Clayton is an wonderful quaint town on the border of Concord, but a bit pricier and further from BART/freeways.

I am holding an Open House today at 2611 Minert Rd., Concord 94518 from 1-4:00 (Brand New listing). Stop by if you are available.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 7, 2009
I live in Concord, and in searching for a place, I've called the concord pd (check their website for the right number) and you can ask about specific neighborhoods. I was told, since I have a family, to stay away from the Concord Bart stations! The Concord area near Clayton is nice, and also the Concord area bordering Walnut Creek is also very nice. But, definitely call the pd for crime statistics in the neighborhood if you do find a home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 7, 2009
Chowbll, official crime stats for Concord are not readily available online. Email me offline so I can provide you with a link I believe you will find extremely useful in answering your question, however.

Best, Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 19, 2009
Hello
The so called bad neighborhoods in concord is mostly the southern part of concord between 680 and ygnacio valley rd
Joe
Concord is a wonderful place to live. I have lived in Concord for the last 10 years and have sold Real Estate in the Contra Costa County for the last 21 years. Concord has a lot to offer its residents, plenty of parks and activities for all ages. We are bordered by three BART station. John Muir/Mt Diablo Hospital is located in Concord. As well as numerous area employers.
We have a downtown with plenty of shops and restaurants. Todos Santos Plaza is also located in downtown where there's music in the Summer plus the Farmers Market 2x a week. The park has an ambiance of "Old Adobe" and quite quaint. We have activities in this park thru out the year, ie Octoberfest, Santa Clause's arrival, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, movies under the stars, just to name a few.
The entire downtown area is lighted up in the evening and really delightful to experience.

Concord's population is quite diverse therefore you will find many ethnic restaurants with reasonable prices. In my opinion, it is really Contra Costa's best kept secret. Concord's population is quite large, approx 150,000, therefore it has its share of social issues.

Homes in Concord range from apartments,condomiums, mid level and up to million dollars.
If you already know your price range, it is best to contact a local Realtor, one who is familiar with the area for guidance. Good luck
Oops... I mean 2671, not 2611 Minert...