Vicki, Other/Just Looking in Louisville, KY

we are looking at homes in the speed ave area. How would you rate the safety level for a single young woman?

Asked by Vicki, Louisville, KY Thu Apr 16, 2009

Answers

7
Janecralle’s answer
As a single and also married woman I have lived in the Highlands for 20 yrs. Other than downtown, I cannot imagine living elsewhere. Petty, car break ins, and patio furniture thefts and a bit of graffiti on commercial property here and there is the worse it gets. Bardstown Road is lit up and busy through the late hours for strolling and enjoying. Hardly a neighborhood is not filled with plenty of joggers, dogwalkers or bike riders utllizing the streetscapes SEVERAL options for enjoying the parks are within walking distance The highlands is filled with 5 Catholic grade schools within a 2 mile radius so you have abundant family activities etc. I call it home because I feel safe.
Another way to get a local perspective on crime is to visit the website for the neighborhood association for that area. You can just type in the streets you are interested in and usually Google will bring up the neighborhood association as a link.

Like many have already said, it is a great area, well traveled and very much a "neighborhood", so crime is usually petty at worse. Then again, you do always want to be "aware", but that is anywhere these days, not just Louisville!

All the best!

Michael
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
What amount or type of crime would be acceptable or unacceptable to someone is impossible to determine by another individual. We all have different tolerances. I feel that prospective buyers should drive by a property that they are interested several times, at different times of day.

Believe it or not, the best person or agency to talk to about crime statistics in Louisville, is the Louisville Metro Police Department (502) 574-7111 or (502) 574-2111. Just contact them and give them the property address you are interested in.
I grew up on one of the connecting streets to Speed & it is a great neighborhood. My mother still lives there & has for 30 years. The majority of people are families & people that have lived in the neighborhood for years. If I could afford it that neighborhood would be one of my 1st choices!
Vicki,
I just sold a house on Speed to my best friend and his little girls and they couldn't be happier. They are thrilled with the area and can assure you he feels his girls are safe here. He is in the area of Speed by the middle school. Let me know if I can be of any help or answer more questions about the area. I have another single woman friend who lives in area as well and loves it.
Vicki,
On the whole, Louisville is a safe city, but it's important to keep your wits about you at all times. I second Ron's advice to look at crime reports for the area of Speed you're looking at. If I can help you find a home where you'll feel both happy and safe, please contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.greenbergcb.com
Hi Vicki,

You can visit this website, http://www.spotcrime.com/ky/louisville, type in Speed Ave and get some idea of crime over the years in this part of Louisville.

I can provide more detailed info since Speed is a pretty long street and crosses many neighborhoods. Just contact me direct at 502-396-9624 or email Ron.Griffin@ERA.com

Ron Griffin, Realtor
The Hollinden Team
Top 1% of ERA Realtors World-Wide
ERA Kepple Keene Realtors
We will sell your house, or ERA will buy it.

Contact me direct at 502-396-9624 or email at Ron@HollindenHomes.com

Search for homes at http://www.ERALouisville.com