Larry White, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

very nice property but were did the attempt rape acure, really interested in this house but this is disincouraging

Asked by Larry White, Raleigh, NC Tue Jul 24, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1063658203-3935-Carolina-Cher…

Answers

4
I am sure you do not feel good about this but unfortunately the attempt does not have to be disclosed...
Best advice in this case is to talk to the neighbors and see what you can find out!
See

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Raleigh-North_Carolina/crime/

for more detailed info on crime around any particular location. It has a heat map of reported crimes and you can zoom in to a particular neighborhood and see details of specific incidences.
Whether a crime was committed in a home is not a material fact in NC and therefore the seller and their agent are not required to disclose. What is more important is resale history for the neighborhood and how homeowners have benefited or not from their investment. If you would like me to send you the sales history for this area, please give me a call 919-619-9494 or request a "contact" via my website.
For specific answers on crime in an area, you should contact the Raleigh Police Dept as they are equipped to answer.
Have you viewed the property with an agent or only looked at the pictures?

As for an attempted rape, I can't help you. I've lived in this zip code since the 1980s. There have been attempted murders and other disheartening crimes in parking lots, etc. within 1000 feet of WakeMed hospital, however, that hasn't deterred persons from seeking care.

So I hope you'll look at a larger picture, i.e.: is this house suitable for your needs? If you look at similar properties w/o knowing about any potential crimes, will you feel the same? BTW: all crimes are not reported - whether in Raleigh, Wake County or NC.