Crime & Safety in Barnegat>Question Details

Brian, Home Buyer in South Dakota

us from barnegat knows that lextington is the closest thing to the ghetto in south jersey. what about that?

Asked by Brian, South Dakota Wed Aug 15, 2007

Answers

4
Maybe someone someone has never really seen the Ghetto. Maybe anything that resembles a ghetto. I once purchased a home in an area that had some financially challenged ownership. Although people said it wasn't a great investment, I purchased it cleaned it up and invested a bit in it. Other people did the same. Purchased it for $124,000 the area progressed and sold it 11 years later for $516,000. Fix your homes. Trim the bushes and cut the grass around your homes. Barnegat is a beautiful place to live and great place to invest in.
I've done real estate 40 years, i've seen some hoods, lexington isn't top shelf but it is a place to live. In 05 or 06 they had lots of 'calls' from that area, i think now it's been much more 'normal'. Im a REALTOR in town + an EMT, I haven't been on a squad call in that area since I joined EMS in dec 06. I do sat 6 - 10 AM runs and 6- 10 PM tuesday runs. I think you could ask the police about this area. We did have a unit for sale, didn't sell, but it was ok when we held open houses and had office caravans. If you need help relocating call me 609-607-8600 I help people move.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2007
Brian,
Every town, EVERY town has a less desirable area. Lexington Ave. is nothing more than a lower income area of Barnegat, surrounded by some very beautiful, reasonably priced homes. The families there take pride in thier modest accomodations...it's not the best, but it's home. Many people live and raise a family there. Crime stats is no different proportionally to wealthier areas.
Don't focus on negative hearsay, find the facts and always look for the positives.
John Jelinski
Crossroads Realty, Barnegat
609-713-3454
johnjelinski_7@msn.com
yeah i heard there been shootings their. is this true?