Crime & Safety in 30062>Question Details

kimohsofine, Renter in Atlanta, GA

thinking about moving to marietta.How safe is it?

Asked by kimohsofine, Atlanta, GA Mon Jul 23, 2012

Answers

9
Marietta is a great city and was named and All-American city a few years back. I have lived and worked in Marietta for almost 20 years. If you need someone that knows the area and market, I would be glad to assist. Check out these homes in Marietta.

http://www.thecowanconnection.com/communities/marietta/

Tim Cowan
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
Tim@TheCowanConnection.com
678-787-2720
http://www.TheCowanConnection.com
What is your definition of safe? Check out trulia's local information or the local paper here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 24, 2012
Hi Kim! This is an interesting thought process. How "safe" is Atlanta? My daughter just graduated from GT and I can tell you that most of Marietta is probably safer than the area around her campus ... that being said, there are various websites that you can review by just GOOGLING your question. Crime statistics are public information ... thankfully! Let me know if you need help finding a home in Marietta if you decide to move "north"! I'd be glad to help you!
Marietta is a large area in Cobb County. There is the city of Marietta and unincorporated Marietta. They each have separate school districts and police forces. Generally speaking as I live in Marietta, it's a great area and safe. However, like all communities, there are parts you don't want to be in.

You can all the local police department. There are also numerous place on line to get stats but the really get the feel, contact a local agent like myself. After a brief discussion, I can tell you if where you want to be is worthwhile.

Barry Wolfert, Associate Broker
Wolfert & Wrenn Team - Keller Williams
Hello, I have lived in Marietta for several years and love it. Please give me a call if you have any questions or are interested in seeing in properties in Marietta.
Ashton Ernst
770-298-1013
ashtonernst@yahoo.com
I live east cobb Marietta and I love here and it is a great area. If you need to rent or buy I can help you.

Please contact me t 772 209-1970

Adriana Wademan
Actually it is zip code......sorry!! :)
There is a great website that will tell you how safe any area is.... it is City-Data.com ..... you just put in the area code you want to search and it will give you a lot of information about that area. Good luck...would love to help you!
Looks pretty safe to me! Check it out on our Crime Maps:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Marietta-Georgia/crime/

Cheers,
Ali, Community Manager