Arlene, Home Buyer in North Plainfield, NJ

there's a house for sale at 69 Washington Ave North Plainfield. What is that area like.?

Asked by Arlene, North Plainfield, NJ Sat Jun 9, 2012

Will i be able to enjoy my home? like sitting out on the porch or back yard late evening?

Answers

2
The kindest thing you can say about North Plainfield is that it's affordable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 14, 2012
You will absolutely be able to enjoy your home in the way you have described, is my guess. We lived near there and it is quiet and old-fashioned. I would suggest that you spend a few hours walking around this historic area during the hours you would be home. There are two schools nearby -- an orthodox Jewish high school based in the beautiful stone Victorian McCutchen Home, a block away, and a non-religious pre-school based in a church, also a block or two away, and each will have a slight effect on the neighborhood. Otherwise you'll hear crickets and the other sounds of a summer evening. It is not an overpopulated area. Any trouble or speeders, do not hesitate to call the police, they are prompt. North Plainfield gets a black eye from other New Jerseyans who sneer at the town, mostly for admittedly lax zoning enforcement and ignorance of driving rules, which make the town more attractive to immigrants. But this is some blocks from where you live so I wouldn't worry. We do not live in this town anymore (we expected the NYC train to begin running faster but then Christie scrapped the tunnel so we moved to a different train line) but did enjoy that general historic neighborhood for some years. Some great families in this town, who appreciate the place for its strengths (including a lack of snooty and self-important residents) -- more and more, I'm happy to say.
Thanks appreciate the info.
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012