Crime & Safety in San Jose>Question Details

Tom, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

on Tobias Ave, San Jose 95118. I found that there a few crimes happening in Jan and Feb. 2012 but the review score is safe, any mismatch here?

Asked by Tom, San Jose, CA Thu Mar 22, 2012

Can you provide the details about the crimes? Please email me tombeen@gmail.com

Answers

5
Unfortunately real estate agents are prohibited from steering people from or to neighborhoods due to risk of discrimination.

I used to live in that neighborhood and I have friends who still do. As in any neighborhood you can have crime. I suggest that in addition to the information you received to talk with the local police, talk with neighbors. They are going to give you their impression.

Some of the benefits you will want to look at as well are; the school scores are good, there is a seasonal Sunday Farmers Market at Kooser and Meridian, close to commute routes and parks.

Have an Amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com
You can subscribe to auto emails through http://www.crimereports.com regarding a specific address. They categorize the crimes for that neighborhood and the information you receive is derived from the SJ Police Department.
Thank you for your question:

Laura Feghali gave you an excellent recommendation, and that is to contact the local Police Department. In this case that is the San Jose Police Department.

As Barbara Parrish pointed out, every neighborhood has seen some crime. Even Saratoga, Cupertino, and Los Gatos do have some crime, even though we generally consider them to be very safe neighborhoods.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
Hello Tom,
I suggest that you contact the local police department in San Jose to find out the most accurate crime activity in the neighborhood.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
Not that I know of but with the economy so bad, almost every neighborhood has see an increase in crime.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012