Crime & Safety in Newark>Question Details

kellyngreen20, Home Buyer in Newark, DE

is this neighborhood peaceful and safe enough to raise children in? Or is it going downhill?

Asked by kellyngreen20, Newark, DE Sat Dec 1, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/18555320-221-Auckland-Dr-Newa…

Answers

2
Wayne Bartron’s answer
I usually advise clients when they are considering the choice of available neighborhoods in their price range to go into those neighborhoods and watch for a few hours on a Friday night or a Saturday evening to get a feel for those neighborhoods before making a determination which areas they want to buy a home in. You can also get statistics on neighborhood crime levels from the local police barracks. It is time well spent and information you should add to the other information such as style, size, layout, etc, to determine which neighborhoods to focus your home search on. It may take a little time but will pay back significantly if your going to spend years in a neighborhood and by making the decision by comparing the neighborhoods yourself, it is much more likely you will choose one that suits your personal preferences. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions I will be happy to assist you. You can reach me at homedelaware@earthlink.net.

Wayne Bartron
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
that home is in the wellington woods area and is off of rt 40 right next to sparrow run (brookmount farms). it is not the best area my fiance moved 5 years ago while it was falling into crime.