Elona Bernard, Renter in Pensacola, FL

is there any alarm devices that can be installed to deture a burglary?

Asked by Elona Bernard, Pensacola, FL Sat Jun 2, 2012

Answers

4
surveillance camera, alarm sticker, large dog, motion lights
I have ADT, through a local company Protect your Home. They offered me $100 visa card after 3 months payment. Came and installed everything neatly with motion sensors and a remote key fob. BUT-one day my wireless transmitter malfunctioned (they say) and my alarm wasn't sending a signal to them. They did not call me to tell me there was a malfunction, I realized it when I came home and my back door was kicked in and I had been robbed, AGAIN. I had to turn off all wireless items in my home and allow the system to "reset". After 30 minutes it came back online and notified ADT there was an alarm event. I have since tried to cancel my contract, which is a lovely 3 years, since the alarm failed at performing it's designed function and they will NOT void my contract. I asked the rude customer representative how a burglar knocked my wireless transmitter offline and were able to bypass the system. I was informed that thieves are very crafty and smart, and they are capable of anything. DUH. What's the point in the alarm if there's a way to bypass it and ADT doesn't get notified. And the fact that they know of this issue and have no efforts in resolving their flawed system. I had Brinks for over 5 years in my home in Texas, never once had an issue, it was also hardwired into my attic with a backup battery in case of a power outage. My last complaint about this ADT here, I called on 3 separate times to discuss my account, all 3 times they were unable to find my account by my phone number. Once my account was finally located, there were TWO other numbers on my account that were not mine, and I had never heard of them. I had the numbers removed THREE separate times. They had no explanation for that either. The signs outside my house and the window stickers might deter some thieves, or the metal prison like gates on all entrances, but, my lesson is that where there is a will, there is a way. People are desperate these days and acting CRAZY. I'm just trying to stay afloat now after being robbed 3 times this year and lost everything. I'm a single mother, disabled Vet, and I can't catch a break. GOOD LUCK to you.
Yes ADT is a great alarm system that is a great deterrent. Right now they are running a promotion were if you display one of their blue and white signs in your yard ADT would be willing to give you a wireless two way voice communication life safety security system. At no cost to you for equipment or activation. It not only protects you from burglary but fire and medical as well. You can have piece of mind and protect your family for less than 2 dollars a day. If interested you can contact me through my email: katlyn.drum@yahoo.com to set up an appointment.
Good Question~ Besides a full security system, I do believe that they make chime alarms that go on windows and doors to alert parents of children when they are exiting through a door or window. I would check at Lowes or Home Depot and see what they suggest.

Also, a good sign saying no tresspassing, dog on premises, or security system installed should deter someone from entering the premises. There are also neighborhood watches and crime stoppers which can be of help. Hope these answers help you some!

Thanks and have a great day,
Nicole St. Aubin, Broker Associate
Realty Masters of FL
(850) 473 3983 ~ http://www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
http://www.facebook.com/realtymastersoffl

Live in the Pensacola area? Check out our blog for fun family friendly events in the area:
http://realtymastersoffl.blogspost.com